Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 151 to 156 of 156
  1. #151
    babylon by bike Standalone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Haven, CT, USA
    My Bikes
    Road, Cargo, Tandem, Etc.
    Posts
    2,764
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    OK OK OK

    Sidewalk. It's scary out there. I'm never riding on the road again!!!
    The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. Christopher Morley

  2. #152
    Senior Member rekmeyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,478
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter S View Post
    What is it that he is so "blind" to? The country is falling apart because some people don't share your exact views in riding on the sidewalk? Give me a break.
    YOU STILL DIDN"T READ OR COMPREHEND!!! I never said anything about him riding on the sidewalk, in fact if you read my earlier posts you would have seen that, other than it's a bit more dangerous and some places not legal. I was talking about his rant about mind control...ABOUT MIND CONTROL...do you understand now?

  3. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Decatur, GA. USA
    My Bikes
    Surly Long Haul Disc Trucker, Canondale F300
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rekmeyata View Post
    YOU STILL DIDN"T READ OR COMPREHEND!!! I never said anything about him riding on the sidewalk, in fact if you read my earlier posts you would have seen that, other than it's a bit more dangerous and some places not legal. I was talking about his rant about mind control...ABOUT MIND CONTROL...do you understand now?
    Yes, I understand. I understand that he made brief reference to the idea of "mind control", which I interpreted as being a potential exaggeration based on his observation that some people on this thread seem to be deeply concerned with convincing others to never ride on the sidewalk. His mind control reference was the lead in for a post that really had nothing to do with mind control. He was obviously not being literal. But his reference to mind control set you off on assaulting him on a personal level with very rude comments. These and other personally critical posts by you are something you should apologize for and learn better manners. His language was not rude or personal. Yours was.

    Naturally, I never see that kind of language from you when you're communicating with people that agree with your viewpoint. They're your buddies. But for those that don't fully agree with you, they see the full wrath of rekmeyata in all its ugliest forms.
    Last edited by Walter S; 11-23-13 at 08:42 AM.

  4. #154
    Senior Member rekmeyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,478
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter S View Post
    Yes, I understand. I understand that he made brief reference to the idea of "mind control", which I interpreted as being a potential exaggeration based on his observation that some people on this thread seem to be deeply concerned with convincing others to never ride on the sidewalk. His mind control reference was the lead in for a post that really had nothing to do with mind control. He was obviously not being literal. But his reference to mind control set you off on assaulting him on a personal level with very rude comments. These and other personally critical posts by you are something you should apologize for and learn better manners. His language was not rude or personal. Yours was.

    Naturally, I never see that kind of language from you when you're communicating with people that agree with your viewpoint. They're your buddies. But for those that don't fully agree with you, they see the full wrath of rekmeyata in all its ugliest forms.
    If you are right and it was exaggeration and I heard it directly from him that indeed it was such then YES, I would apologize to him, BUT I'm not going to apologize to him just because you, or someone else said that's what he meant, because only he knows what he meant.

    As far as my little buddies...I don't have any little buddies here, they all hate me here!

  5. #155
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle, NY
    My Bikes
    too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
    Posts
    18,039
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rekmeyata View Post
    As far as my little buddies...I don't have any little buddies here, they all hate me here!
    Possibly, but we don't all hate you to to the same degree. Some of only dislike you.
    FB
    Chain-L site

    An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

    “Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

    “One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

    WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

  6. #156
    ÖöÖöÖöÖöÖö Dannihilator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Annandale, NJ.
    My Bikes
    2014 Surly Steamroller 2010 DMR Transition 26
    Posts
    18,341
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok, this thread has run it's process.

    Dannihilator
    Forum moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrodzilla
    I'm going out on the town tonight and it won't be over until I snort a line of habanero seeds off the hood of a red Fiero.
    Words and Stuff.
    pedal room thingy

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •