It look like I'm going to be making some significant changes to my commuter in the fall. These are my possible changes. My front brake and chainrings need to be replaced regardless.
1) Swap my carbon kona for for a disc trucker fork
2) swap my front canti for a front disc brake
3) Go from 46/36 chainrings to 50/34 or maybe 48/32
4) Swap my front mavic avskium wheel for one that is disc compatible and also get it built with a generator hub.
5) Swap my current Kona bars for the Salsa Cowbell bar (I have the 3T ergonova bar on my road bike and i love it - so I thought something with flared drops on my commuter might be cool too)
What this bike is for:
2) Mixed-Terrain centuries (most noteably, D2R2)
3) 1 to 2 cat 5 cyclocross races a year for fun
4) Hopefully experimenting with some short touring soon. (s24os / weekends)
What do you think?? (opinions on running a front disc brake and rear canti, on those particular handlebars, generator hubs, and compact or 48/32 gearing especially helpful)