Hi guys. Im ready to upgrade from garbage bag wraping my laptop and books in my grocery pannier and there are just so many choice of bags out there!
Heres a list of qualifications in order of importance:
1) Waterproof! I ride in ALLL weather so this is super important.
2) Comfort. Im debating the backpack, messenger, pannier deliema. Backpacks are the most comfortable to walk around in all day with heavy weight(and I do a lot of walking), panniers are the most comfortable to ride with, and messenger bags seem to fit inbetween. Im not too worried about back sweat but I do worry about a bulky bookbag being the highest part of my body when im tucked, unless its capable of being strapped down super well like my hiking backpack.
3) Size. Some times I ride 45 miles to spend a weekend at a friends, I need to carry clothes, shoes, books, laptop, snacks, beer, and other odds and ends; yet having more than one bag is annoying to keep track of unless I absolutely need it.
4) Price. If its free its for me and I'll take three! But seriously, this is secondary. Ill pay for quality if it blows points 1-3 out of the water.
5) Form. Again, secondary but I don't see why so many are made in hideous colors. Off shades of black, not quite army greens, ect. The aesthetics just might earn the brownie point a bag needs to be the one I get.
Let me hear your suggestions. And also let me know where you bought it and how long you've had it. That way I know where to look and how durable it must be! Pictures while wearing it are also nice so I can tell how big it is and how comfortable it looks!
Thanks in advance guys.