Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Chipcom

  1. #1
    Senior Member capejohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Fairhaven, Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Novara Randonee, Felt Z45, Marin Belvedere Commuter
    Posts
    1,726
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Chipcom

    Chipcom was a regular poster here in the commuter forums but has not been heard from for over a year. Anyone have any news on him?
    Bike riding New England gentleman.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jim from Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,225
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by capejohn View Post
    Chipcom was a regular poster here in the commuter forums but has not been heard from for over a year. Anyone have any news on him?
    I have wondered the same thing recently. Though a regular poster, his style and avatars are highly irregular, and they make his posts memorable. Last post is listed on P&R, 7/5/13

  3. #3
    Nobody mconlonx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,491
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim from Boston View Post
    I have wondered the same thing recently. Though a regular poster, his style and avatars are highly irregular, and they make his posts memorable. Last post is listed on P&R, 7/5/13
    Note to others: stay out of P&R or end up like Chipcom...
    I know next to nothing. I am frequently wrong.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jim from Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,225
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mconlonx View Post
    Note to others: stay out of P&R or end up like Chipcom...
    I was not worthy (authorized).

  5. #5
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,093
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I heard he was called away for work and hasn't been it touch here since. It's hard to forget a face like that, regardless of the body photoshopped underneath it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tjspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,999
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always enjoyed his posts but members come and go. The next time a zombie thread is revived look at the posts from a few years ago and you'll see some unfamiliar names and names you haven't seen in awhile.

    As much as I've enjoyed BF over the years, there are times when it seems like there's very little new (to me) being discussed and my level of participation will drop for awhile. At some point I may just not come back. I think that is normal.
    Last edited by tjspiel; 07-28-14 at 01:04 PM.
    If you're not riding with a psychedelic gecko on your shirt, you ARE having a substandard experience.

  7. #7
    Senior Member alan s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MD/DC/VA
    Posts
    3,139
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran out of things to say, I guess.

  8. #8
    derailleurs are overrated bigbenaugust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    KIGX
    My Bikes
    2009 Motobecane Fantom CX, 2012 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno SSCX
    Posts
    1,755
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there was a certain fracas in Foo last summer that had something to do with his departure also.
    --Ben
    Carrboro Bike Coalition - putting the "bike" in "CARrboro" :)
    2011 Motobecane Fantom Cross Uno, 2009 Motobecane Fantom CX
    Previously: 2000 Trek 4500 (2000-2003), 2003 Novara Randonee (2003-2006), 2003 Giant Rainier (2003-2008), 2005 Xootr Swift (2005-2007), 2007 Nashbar 1x9 (2007-2011), 2011 Windsor Shetland (2011-2014)
    Current Linux Usage (by machine): Arch: II openSUSE: II

  9. #9
    Senior Member squirtdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Jose (Willow Glen) Ca
    My Bikes
    '89 Miyata 1400, '82 nishiski (current utilty/commuter project)
    Posts
    3,355
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my favorite chipcom was when they made him an immoderator for april fools
    '82 Nishiski commuter/utility
    '83 Torpado Super Strada ... cafe commuter
    '89 Miyata 1400
    Soma rush Fixie
    '78 Univega gran turismo (son's Fixie/SS)
    06 Haro x3 (son's bmx)
    Electra cruiser (wife's bike)

    looking for: De Rosa 58cm ELOS frame and fork internal cable routing

  10. #10
    Randomhead
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim from Boston View Post
    I was not worthy (authorized).
    if you dare enter, all you have to do is ask
    Randonneuring -- it's touring for people that aren't smart enough to stop for the night.
    It's a wonderful sport when you can make up for a lack of ability with a lack of sleep

  11. #11
    Been Around Awhile I-Like-To-Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Burlington Iowa
    My Bikes
    Vaterland and Ragazzi
    Posts
    20,640
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbenaugust View Post
    I believe there was a certain fracas in Foo last summer that had something to do with his departure also.
    If so, please forget those jokers, Chipcom. Come on back to the commuting forum and provide some of that good Buckeye wisdom. We need ya!

  12. #12
    Senior Member Jim from Boston's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,225
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
    if you dare enter, all you have to do is ask
    I have enough trouble keeping up with four Fora I read.

  13. #13
    Senior Member no motor?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Hardrock
    Posts
    4,093
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tjspiel View Post
    I always enjoyed his posts but members come and go. The next time a zombie thread is revived look at the posts from a few years ago and you'll see some unfamiliar names and names you haven't seen in awhile.

    As much as I've enjoyed BF over the years, there are times when it seems like there's very little new (to me) being discussed and my level of participation will drop for awhile. At some point I may just not come back. I think that is normal.
    I know I don't know everything there is to know here, but I've learned enough over the years where there isn't as much that's new for me any more either. But I keep coming back because I like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •