Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Cyclocross Racing (http://www.bikeforums.net/cyclocross-racing/)
-   -   Riding up stairs (http://www.bikeforums.net/cyclocross-racing/930271-riding-up-stairs.html)

Barrettscv 01-17-14 04:04 PM

Riding up stairs
 
:twitchy:

Allegheny Jet 01-17-14 09:26 PM

Amazing. I don't understand how someone in a cross race can do that.

CharlyAlfaRomeo 01-17-14 10:11 PM

Incredible. That is such an amazing display of timing and coordination but I think I'm even more impressed that he had the momentum to do it after a corner.

He must have spent hours and hours on a set of stairs near home that are similar.

ljrichar 01-21-14 01:15 PM

Alex is also a Pro MTB'er & has crazy handling skills. He pretty much always rides the barriers in our races. Great guy too.

Andy_K 01-22-14 08:44 PM

Looks to me like he lost a little ground to the guy next to him running the stairs. The question is, which took more effort?

Barrettscv 01-24-14 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 16433318)
Looks to me like he lost a little ground to the guy next to him running the stairs. The question is, which took more effort?

Also, did he make up for lost ground since he did not need to mount and clip in?

JB01245 01-24-14 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 16433318)
Looks to me like he lost a little ground to the guy next to him running the stairs. The question is, which took more effort?

I was wondering the same thing as he placed in third place. A coworker attended the race and said even as efficient and smooth as it looked, the guys jumping off and running up the stairs were a little faster.


*****

himespau 01-24-14 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 16433318)
Looks to me like he lost a little ground to the guy next to him running the stairs. The question is, which took more effort?

+1

Andy_K 01-24-14 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrettscv (Post 16436825)
Also, did he make up for lost ground since he did not need to mount and clip in?

The guys at that level can mount and clip in really quickly. I'd guess the bottleneck at the top of the steps was more enough than enough to even out the remount time.

Of course, I'm sure riding the stairs was a crowd pleaser, so full points for style.

ljrichar 01-27-14 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB01245 (Post 16436853)
I was wondering the same thing as he placed in third place. A coworker attended the race and said even as efficient and smooth as it looked, the guys jumping off and running up the stairs were a little faster.


*****

Alex didn't get third. You're thinking of Cody who also rode the stairs in the U23 race.

http://www.cxmagazine.com/cody-kaise...-championships

Leebo 03-06-14 02:33 PM

Same idea as riding a pump track. But up.

telebianchi 03-25-14 01:16 PM

You can't see in that clips what happens when they continue riding, but it sure looks like the guy in the orange helmet made up some time on the steps.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:37 AM.