Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego
Bikes: Electra RS, looking at electric bikes
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any feedback on Pedego bikes?
In about a month my company is moving and my new commute will be about 10 miles each way. I'm only 1.5 miles away and really enjoy riding my bike in to work. I'm looking at an electric bike to help assist me so I don't come to work covered in sweat.
I'm a fan of the cruiser style bikes and have ridden the Izip Urban Cruiser, a garage mechanic's special installed on a Schwinn comfort/hybrid and a Pedego comfort cruiser. I wasn't impressed with the Izip and the homemade was powerful, but going to be pretty expensive. The Pedego might do the trick and the seller is willing to let me make a test commute to make sure it can handle the hills.
The problem is that I haven't been able to find any independent
reviews of the Pedego comfort cruiser using Google. All I can find is company produced post and videos... some appear to be MLM
which makes me a bit suspicious. Does anyone here have any feedback for me regarding this bike?
Thanks in advance!
- Pedego comfort cruiser specs: http://www.pedego.com/comfort_cruiser.asp
- The price I was quoted for the Pedego was $1,600, but he was willing to do $1,500.
- 36 volt lithium ion battery, LiMn2o4 type.
- I'm 200 lbs, 6' in pretty good shape (I surf daily).
- I don't plan to ride in the rain if possible, but will probably get caught in it anyway.
- Most of the time, half my commute will be in dark.
- I'll probably carry 5 to 10 lbs of items to work and back.
- There are some hills (I start at sea level and the office is about 450 ft).
- My budget is ~$1,500
Last edited by Surfing; 05-20-09 at 05:33 PM.