Basically, I live in Latvia (EU zone) and so the limitation of 250W is applied to e-bike motors. (also, no more than 25 kmph rule.. but let's ignore it for now..)
I would like to know 2 things.
1. If I am stopped by the police - how do they know that the 250W motor is used? What if the motor doesn't have any engravings.. Do they have some kind of power measurement tools? As I understand it should be good even if I drive with 1800W engine, as long as there is no danger to people and cars..
First question is for the "general knowledge". My main concern of this thread is the second question:
2. I would like to build a bike with following specs:
* speed up to 30 mph
* range on a single battery 70 km. (road to work is 15 km long. Back to home +15 km. So, 30 km a day. Battery shall last at least 2 days without the re-charge. So, 30*2 = 60 km + 10 just in case = 70 km)
* road conditions: straight, no hills. That's why I don't need much torque - just the speed.
* my weigh: a little less than 70 kg
2.1. What size of tires is preferable, why? (26, 27.5, 29..)
2.2. I would like to meet EU's requirements as much as possible. But is it even possible to achieve this speed (30 mph) with an 250W motor? It would be good if you could suggest a hub motor (silent, stealthy) which would be perfect for my situation.
thanks in advance