Hi there. Just found your forum. Does anyone know this light? A friend turned me to this light but I don't know anything about. I ride quite a bit and I find I need something brighter when I'm riding at night. All I have right now is a 1W flashlight which does not do the trick. I've looked at the other lights and this light is what I'm leaning more towards. I ride on/off road.
I spend about 2 hours in the dark when running errands or coming home. I like how it has 4 hours on high mode. I've tired flashlights, bike lights, and some LEDs before. I don't want HID or halogen. HID's are too prone to blow out from all I've read if you hit them hard enough and the on/off cycle shortens the life of the bulb. Yes I know HIDs are the brightest but I want something that can last longer and I do believe LED's are the future with some of the stuff I've been seeing. Some areas I ride are tree covered at night and a 20W would be good to zoom away quickly if I take a shortcut away.
I've spoken with some friends and they said to post on a forum to get help and opinions so we got together and they gave up with some questions to ask seeing how the company has not replied to my email in 1 weeks time after sending two emails once a week.
Perhaps someone canhelp me out here.
1. How many lumens is this light on HIGH?
2. What LED model bulb are you using? (Lumiled? Luxeon III? Luxeon K2? etc..)
3. What is the wattage per LED? (we're not talking halogen equivlence here)
4. What is the power comsumption per LED? (Chris says something about over driven is bad)
5. What is the length of the cord from battery to headlight? Please specify if the cord is part coiled or straight in your measurements.
6. What is the water repellency of this unit? Can it be used in rain? Is it fully sealed?
7. Is the light regulated to maintain consistant light output?
Thanks in advance for answering my questions. Also where is the cheapest place to buy this light? I checked out this store called Beyondbikes and they sell it for $154.99 US. Tho I have heard of Preformancebike has a sale with this right now but it's more expensive but they do price match and would like to know if I pricematch will I get the lower price plus 10% off?