Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-07, 12:28 PM   #26
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SK, Canada
Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretnabikes
ViperZ, so far Helios would be my vote for a name
If they go with that I will def see about giving you some sort of discount

Awesome, Thanks! However based on the Lupine forum, They may not be as receptive of the Lupine - Helios moniker

Thanks though, one can only hope
__________________
-Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 12:32 PM   #27
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SK, Canada
Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybikes

An Edison 10 with a red lens from a $1 blinky over it. The worlds brightest tailight.

Once the Lupine - Helios is in place as your Head Light, the Edison can be used as shown for your tail light.

Eye searing light in both directions
__________________
-Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 06:31 PM   #28
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2 many
Posts: 15,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ
Once the Lupine - Helios is in place as your Head Light, the Edison can be used as shown for your tail light.

Eye searing light in both directions


You are as bad as me!
2manybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 07:49 PM   #29
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SK, Canada
Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybikes


You are as bad as me!
I had thought we had ascertained that in a previous discussion last year...?

Guilty as charged
__________________
-Trek 5000* -Project Litespeed* -The Italian Job* -Rocky Wedge* -The Canadian Connection*
ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 08:51 PM   #30
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2 many
Posts: 15,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperZ
I had thought we had ascertained that in a previous discussion last year...?

Guilty as charged


I just like to tease you about it.
2manybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 11:29 PM   #31
Zero_Enigma
Senior Member
 
Zero_Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North of the 49th Parallel (GPS grid soon)
Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,
Posts: 1,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manybikes




Yeah ! That's it !!





For a discount (he started it ) you can have the rights to the "Death Star".

An Edison 10 with a red lens from a $1 blinky over it. The worlds brightest tailight.

I'm curious as to a BF discount. With dangers of fog and snow out there I am more any more leaning towards the rear death star idea mount. I am seriously worried about getting hit from behind as in the front I would highly doubt I'd get hit while moving slowing to see the car in front but from behind is my primary danger before the front. It would be nice if there is some custom reflector material for extra purchase to make that a serious 'back off' light should one be crazy enough to rear mount it. I don't mind carrying 2 spare batteries for day/night use. Hospital bills cost more. I think a ride in the ambulance I read once before costs like $250-300 just for the ride be it serious or not injury but just to pay for that express ride and the medical personals time. Ouch... that's something like $20/min ride should you arrive in 15mins to the hospital. Man makes 900 numbers look el cheap now.

There is NO such thing as too bright on a bike. It'll wake the most distracted driver the heck up. Especially on epleptic (sp) strobe mode.
Zero_Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-07, 11:52 PM   #32
Bushman
Grumbly Goat
 
Bushman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes: bicycles with round wheels
Posts: 895
^ i fully agree! Drivers are so distracte dby their ipods, cellphones, coffee, music, fax machines etc etc etc while they drive. I think there is nothing wrong with a taillight that is brighter than the headlight. At some point i aim to build a tailight that uses a 150W h3 bulb and a focused reflector.


Last edited by Bushman; 07-10-07 at 11:58 PM.
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 12:52 AM   #33
Grun
Banned.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
I'm curious as to a BF discount. With dangers of fog and snow out there I am more any more leaning towards the rear death star idea mount. I am seriously worried about getting hit from behind as in the front I would highly doubt I'd get hit while moving slowing to see the car in front but from behind is my primary danger before the front. It would be nice if there is some custom reflector material for extra purchase to make that a serious 'back off' light should one be crazy enough to rear mount it. I don't mind carrying 2 spare batteries for day/night use. Hospital bills cost more. I think a ride in the ambulance I read once before costs like $250-300 just for the ride be it serious or not injury but just to pay for that express ride and the medical personals time. Ouch... that's something like $20/min ride should you arrive in 15mins to the hospital. Man makes 900 numbers look el cheap now.

There is NO such thing as too bright on a bike. It'll wake the most distracted driver the heck up. Especially on epleptic (sp) strobe mode.
you might want to consider a bunch of planetbike superflashes

i used one by itself and cars changed a whole lane to avoid me

they were more concerned at what the heck i was

some cyclist kept trying to pull ahead of me because he was being blinded by the superflash

i now run a pair under my seat and a separate third on my basket

throw one on your handlebar far left side and one on your rear fender and the pair under your seat and cars won't even come near you

instead of taking another lane, they might take another street
Grun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-07, 09:26 AM   #34
2manybikes
Dog is my co-pilot
 
2manybikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Bikes: 2 many
Posts: 15,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
I'm curious as to a BF discount.

For the record, I was joking about a discount.
2manybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 05:21 AM   #35
gear
Senior Member
 
gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North shore of Mass.
Bikes:
Posts: 2,131
"Eye searing tail light", "world's brightest headlight". This is like thinking I was all alone on the planet and then discovering other humans. Can we form our own religion?

Every time we read a post where someone promotes less lighting or dimmer tail lights (so the poor cagers don't get blinded), let's call them infidels.
gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 08:58 AM   #36
Bushman
Grumbly Goat
 
Bushman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes: bicycles with round wheels
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear View Post
"Eye searing tail light", "world's brightest headlight". This is like thinking I was all alone on the planet and then discovering other humans. Can we form our own religion?

Every time we read a post where someone promotes less lighting or dimmer tail lights (so the poor cagers don't get blinded), let's call them infidels.
hear hear!
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 11:33 AM   #37
kboy25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 64
2manybikes...haha lovely taillight pic! you're hilarious!
kboy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-07, 09:12 AM   #38
gretnabikes
GretnaBikes
Thread Starter
 
gretnabikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mt. Gretna
Bikes: GretnaBikes - Panzer, GretnaBikes - Rothrocker
Posts: 58
For those interested...

Betty and Wilma beam shots.

http://www.lupine.de/content/main_flash.php?lang=us

Click "products" then go to "lighttest" sorry no link
gretnabikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-07, 11:32 AM   #39
Sir Bikesalot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CA, USA
Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Xootr Swift
Posts: 334
Wink

Any possibility of a group buy?
Sir Bikesalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 04:25 PM   #40
doppelg
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pasadena
Bikes: Cannondale six thirteen, Team 2
Posts: 49
did this ever come out? what's the price?
doppelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-07, 11:46 PM   #41
Bushman
Grumbly Goat
 
Bushman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Bikes: bicycles with round wheels
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Bikesalot View Post
Any possibility of a group buy?
I second this question!
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 06:21 AM   #42
gretnabikes
GretnaBikes
Thread Starter
 
gretnabikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mt. Gretna
Bikes: GretnaBikes - Panzer, GretnaBikes - Rothrocker
Posts: 58
Updating our site with Betties today
gretnabikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-07, 01:38 PM   #43
aliensporebomb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: minneapolis, mn
Bikes:
Posts: 304
I'm waiting for the Frederic and Barney lights. Hell, why not call the super uber bright one "Bamm Bamm" because it CLOBBERS the competition.
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 AM.