Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    cyclepath daredevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    "The Last Best Place"
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fenix L2D Q5 vs Premium 100

    They are both rated at 175 lumens on turbo but the Q5 has a white light that I prefer much more than the yellow tint of the 100. The Q5 isn't available anymore. When I ordered the 100 I wrongly assumed that it would be the same light.

    Has anybody else noticed this difference? It's obviously due to the different LED.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake."
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Rebel LED yellow tint has been noted here and by my estimate most preferred it over the white Q5. I prefer the white Q5 myself but I have not used the Rebel. The ones that like the Rebel have mostly used halogen before and it is their opinion that yellow shows/contrasts ground features better

    What makes you think the Q5 is not available anymore? It is still listed under Limited/Premium.
    https://www.fenix-store.com/product_...roducts_id=362
    What is better than getting your heart rate up and saddle time?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    They are both rated at 175 lumens on turbo but the Q5 has a white light that I prefer much more than the yellow tint of the 100. The Q5 isn't available anymore. When I ordered the 100 I wrongly assumed that it would be the same light.

    Has anybody else noticed this difference? It's obviously due to the different LED.
    L2D Q5 180 lumens

    L2D rebel 175 lumens

    The Q5 isn't available anymore?

  4. #4
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,001
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Q5 is still available, you have to look under limited edition..

    https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22_65

  5. #5
    cyclepath daredevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    "The Last Best Place"
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrider View Post
    the Q5 is still available, you have to look under limited edition..

    https://www.fenix-store.com/index.php?cPath=22_65
    Darn! Guess I just didn't spend enough time looking. Oh well, maybe one of each is a better idea anyway.

    On the other hand, it seems strange that the Q5 wouldn't be listed in the 2XAA category.
    Last edited by daredevil; 02-03-08 at 08:35 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake."
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    Darn! Guess I just didn't spend enough time looking. Oh well, maybe one of each is a better idea anyway.

    On the other hand, it seems strange that the Q5 wouldn't be listed in the 2XAA category.
    This is always where it was listed. And yes, it should be listed where you say, but it just isn't. Too bad you did not post before your purchase or ask Fenix. Someone would have been glad to direct you to it. I think you will be well served by the Rebel LED, so it is not a fatal error.
    What is better than getting your heart rate up and saddle time?

  7. #7
    cyclepath daredevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    "The Last Best Place"
    My Bikes
    2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho
    Posts
    3,552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dekindy View Post
    Too bad you did not post before your purchase or ask Fenix.
    Exactly. Only myself to blame. Like you say though, it's not a bad light.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without music, life would be a mistake."
    -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •