I am thinking about building up a generator hub system and I really like the look of these lights. A few questions I have:
1) How easy are they to remove and take with you when you leave your bike, and also how easy are they to put back on when you get back (assuming the use of the handlebar mount)?
2) Which hub would be best for these, shimano or SON - i.e. is the SON worth the extra ££ (I will be building up 2 wheels)?
3) I want the tail-light as well, I have heard good things about this, but is it worth paying the extra for the seatpost mount? The reason is I don't really want to leave it on the bike when I lock it up..
4) I will be using a Fenix flashlight as a backup incase of failure, however would it be possible to run 2x E3 headlights and a tail-light from a single hub? I'm guessing that would be a bit overkill (I commute through fairly well lit streets, but I want the cars to notice me). Also the Fenix has a poor flashing mode which leads me onto question 5!
5) What other decent battery operated lights have a good flashing mode? I generally like to run 1 light flashing and 1 light solid so cars don't think I am a car in the distance when pulling out, I don't want to spend too much (i.e. dinotte is out, unless I can find one cheap enough!) or is this not worth it?
Any other opinions are welcome. However I want BRIGHT lights, so no point in telling me I'd be fine with less!