Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sunny California
Bikes: Madone 6.9 w/ Record Carbon, Look KG461, De Rosa
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, no replies. There are lot on knowledgeable folks here that can help you. I do not own an eTrex but do have several other Garmins, so take my reccomendations with a grain of salt.
- The SD card must be in the GPS for the unit to read the maps. You will most likely need to tell the unit to turn them on in a setup menu.
- I don't think the eTrex supports courses so you need to load routes to it. In order to do this you may need to download the free Garmin program called MapSource. You can use this to send routes to the eTrex.
- There are mutiple websites that you can look at to create routes but the only one I can think at the moment is bikeroutetoaster.com.
- After you create your route on any website you want to download the .GPX file type.
- Open MapSource, from MapSource open the GPX file you downloaded. Select send to device from either the menu or button and choose routes.
- I don't know where you find the routeson your eTrex but the manual should tell you that.