Here's a daylight comparison of the two lights -- hope to shoot one at night later this week.
A disclaimer right off the bat - I'm no video expert. I just turned on the kid's camera and shot this. I have no idea what the settings were or what I could do to make it better. There are a series of scenes that go like this:
1. PBSF on steady from fairly close
2. Vetta on steady-high joins int
3. Move the camera back to about 40-45 feet.
4. Both lights on flash (which is low mode for the Vetta)
5. Both of my Vetta and the NiteRider flashing (the way I run during the day)
6. The Vettas on steady with the Niterider flashing (my night mode)
A couple things I can't expalain. The PBSF on steady still appears to be blinking. The light from the Vetta has a "smearing" effect when it's very sharp and intense to the naked eye. Again, probably related to my ignorance about video.
I want to do a night video but I'm going to enlist some help. I want to shoot from the car while overtaking the bike--a little more real world.