This winter I secured a light set up that had been owned and used quite a bit from a friend.
He said the lead-acid battery wasn't holding it's charge like it used to and he wasn't sure if it was the charger or the battery that was the problem.
I took the battery to a battery store and they said it needed replacing. The charger was fine.
It's been working great but now that lighter days are arriving, I'm not going to be needing the light until the fall. I want the battery to last the many years it should.
I'm wondering do I have to keep it on a trickle charge all summer, or can I just let it sit for months uncharged and in the fall charge it up and it'll be as good as new?