There was only one recent thread in here, and as usual, it was 50/50 having trouble/not having trouble.
I simply cannot acquire satellites on a consistent basis. We're talking about 20% of the time I get a signal, and when I do, I lose it under a wide-open Colorado sky. I have the most current firmware, and have tried the Auto Locate instrux as defined by Garmin. No change. I also have issues with extreme speed reading fluctuations while at a steady pace.
Am I the only one? What gives? I have sent an inquiry to Garmin. At this rate, my $10 Sigma Sport works better.
Seven resolute-slx, Raleigh Tri-lite, Giant Iguana, Kona Smoke
Wow. That really sounds bad. I've been using a 500 a few times a week since mid April, and while sometimes it seems like it takes a while to acquire satellites (because I want to get riding), I don't think I've ever seen it lose a signal, even riding around mountains and through trees.
Garmin responded after three days, which is ok I guess if you're not in a rush. After clearly stating my issues and the remdies I have employed, their response was to...do precisely what I had already done, and in addition, replace the 2032 battery. The 2032 batteries I have used in the past are not rechargeable, and I'm not going to sink any money into this unit other than to return it for replacement. The hold time on the phone was 20+ minutes.
Well, Garmin did kindly offer to replace the unit, but I took it back to Performance and traded it in for the blue model (although I prefer the black one). Was a very hassle-free trade, and the difference is night and day - I jut got a lemon the first time. Now I can truly enjoy the full range of cycling fun this will add to my rides. It's all in the sharing.