Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-10, 01:11 PM   #26
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Bikes:
Posts: 10,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
You'd better not! Someone might take offense!



Your opinion is incorrect. I think you're just having a defensive reaction because you like your Radbots a lot. I'd like mine too, if they'd behave.
No, my opinion is based on you bad mouthing a product on the internet before you even gave the company a chance to make it right. That says a lot about you, and how you operate.
Ziemas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 01:36 PM   #27
mechBgon
Senior Member
 
mechBgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 6,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziemas View Post
No, my opinion is based on you bad mouthing a product on the internet before you even gave the company a chance to make it right. That says a lot about you, and how you operate.
Let's see... I bought a first-generation Radbot directly from PDW using PayPal, at full price, instead of waiting to buy it at wholesale from our distributors. It had a problem. I reported my initial experience to other BikeForums members about the facts of the problem. And I was right to do so, since PDW themselves then acknowledged that there was a design problem with the first-generation model. So I think you should be grateful for the fact that you now have working second-generation Radbots with the improved design.

The fact is that my second-gen unit doesn't work. I'm not going to pretend that didn't happen, but neither do I go out of my way to say the company are bad guys. They're just a marketing company, they don't actually make the light. Anyway, we all have our threshold for how many times we want to jump through the hoops, and I've reached mine, so the most I feel like doing at this point is to let them send a call tag for the second bad one if they want to investigate. It's up to them.
mechBgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 02:56 PM   #28
Richard Cranium
Senior Member
 
Richard Cranium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Deep in the Shawnee Forest
Bikes: LeMond - Gunnar
Posts: 2,838
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Yeah last night was the first time I experienced "auto shut off" with the MS "mystery switch tail light. I thought it did not make any difference how much rotation you gave the light to affect an "on of off" setting but apparently - you can indeed turn it "barely on" and have it go off without warning.

Like I said though, first time it happened in 40 or more operations.

Of some note -if you examine the beam of a MS tail light you'll be amazed to find a "sliver of intense light" at as much 150 degrees off-axis. I've never seen this is any other light - of any brand.
Richard Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-10, 10:33 PM   #29
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Bikes:
Posts: 10,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
Let's see... I bought a first-generation Radbot directly from PDW using PayPal, at full price, instead of waiting to buy it at wholesale from our distributors. It had a problem. I reported my initial experience to other BikeForums members about the facts of the problem. And I was right to do so, since PDW themselves then acknowledged that there was a design problem with the first-generation model. So I think you should be grateful for the fact that you now have working second-generation Radbots with the improved design.

The fact is that my second-gen unit doesn't work. I'm not going to pretend that didn't happen, but neither do I go out of my way to say the company are bad guys. They're just a marketing company, they don't actually make the light. Anyway, we all have our threshold for how many times we want to jump through the hoops, and I've reached mine, so the most I feel like doing at this point is to let them send a call tag for the second bad one if they want to investigate. It's up to them.
I seem to remember you not wanting to contact them in the first place. Seems that you are a bit upset about your bad luck with these lights and want to make it out that it's an inherently faulty product, which all the other user info from the second generation lights says it's not. Why would you want to do that?
Ziemas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 09:25 AM   #30
bobn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Bikes:
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like a good exchange of information to me. A problem with a product is a problem. I am glad that there are people that are willing to "review" products and share with the rest of us. Isn't that what Consumer Reports does?. Just go anywhere on the net and you can get reviews on almost anything.
Check out Epinions for example.
I won't buy any major product until I check it out to see how the folks feel about it. Then I make my decision.
Ziemas, why are you so defensive? It's just another mans opinion to which he is entitled.
bobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 09:54 AM   #31
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Bikes:
Posts: 10,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobn View Post
Sounds like a good exchange of information to me. A problem with a product is a problem. I am glad that there are people that are willing to "review" products and share with the rest of us. Isn't that what Consumer Reports does?. Just go anywhere on the net and you can get reviews on almost anything.
Check out Epinions for example.
I won't buy any major product until I check it out to see how the folks feel about it. Then I make my decision.
Ziemas, why are you so defensive? It's just another mans opinion to which he is entitled.
I think it's dirty pool to bad mouth a product before you even try to find a solution or contact that company as mechBgon had done in previous threads. I also question why he would try to portray his experience as being common, when all the evidence from other posters says it's not.

He says he has a bum light, and wishes to portray all the lights as being faulty. Oddly he's really reluctant to spend three minutes contacting the company to address the issue, but will post in multiple threads about it. That to me seems very, very, strange, as if he doesn't even want a solution. Why would that be?
Ziemas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 11:00 AM   #32
mechBgon
Senior Member
 
mechBgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 6,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Let's let dekindy have the thread back, this is obviously going nowhere However, to answer your question about why I'd post the same information more than once... this is an Internet forum, and that's normal. The same topics of discussion come up again and again. For someone to post the same information more than once does not indicate an agenda. Also, unless you've successfully hacked my Gmail account, it's time for you to stop making assumptions about my contact history with PDW about the problem, because you obviously don't know the full story.

End of discussion.

Last edited by mechBgon; 09-22-10 at 12:21 PM.
mechBgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 12:51 PM   #33
rfomenko
sic transit gloria mundi
 
rfomenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
Let's let dekindy have the thread back, this is obviously going nowhere However, to answer your question about why I'd post the same information more than once... this is an Internet forum, and that's normal. The same topics of discussion come up again and again. For someone to post the same information more than once does not indicate an agenda. Also, unless you've successfully hacked my Gmail account, it's time for you to stop making assumptions about my contact history with PDW about the problem, because you obviously don't know the full story.

End of discussion.
Agree 100%. The internet is full of people to blame you for anything (mostly for being alive). You're either a shill or on a personal vendetta. It's not the question of you being right or wrong. They are just trying to moderate (control) your speech. I tried to respond to them couple of times long time ago & it not only didn't work but left a bad taste in my mouth. Lesson learnt: they do not deserve a reply. On another note, I had a similar experience with VDO Z3 PC Link cyclocomputer. It became unusable after 150 miles because of a sticking button. They apologized, said it was the first faulty batch. The second unit stop working after 100 miles because of the same problem. The third unit went straight onto EBay. Not all products work for everyone & I do not care if anyone can or can not duplicate the problem. I'd rather believe my own eyes & will mention my experiences as many times as I choose.

PS Did you get that AA Trek/Bontrager tail light? How is it working out?
rfomenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 02:23 PM   #34
mechBgon
Senior Member
 
mechBgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 6,957
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomenko View Post
PS Did you get that AA Trek/Bontrager tail light? How is it working out?
I meant to post an update about that. It got backordered before our order went in, so I haven't got it yet. Also, I now believe it is a 2 AAA light, not a 2 AA; I think they made an error in the description.

Given how long even a 2 AAA light can run if the flash pattern is efficient (example: the SuperFlash, which fires the main LED in very short bursts), it could still be an interesting light if it has a good, attention-getting flash pattern and uses both emitters at once. Speaking of attention-getting flash patterns, check this one out:

http://vimeo.com/14774825

mechBgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 04:54 PM   #35
rfomenko
sic transit gloria mundi
 
rfomenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
I meant to post an update about that. It got backordered before our order went in, so I haven't got it yet. Also, I now believe it is a 2 AAA light, not a 2 AA; I think they made an error in the description.

Given how long even a 2 AAA light can run if the flash pattern is efficient (example: the SuperFlash, which fires the main LED in very short bursts), it could still be an interesting light if it has a good, attention-getting flash pattern and uses both emitters at once. Speaking of attention-getting flash patterns, check this one out:

http://vimeo.com/14774825

Yep, a very catchy pattern it is. Would definitely get it but already have a Radbot (which is fortunately working) & two Superflashes. The Serfas Stop Sign AA light that I got off Amazon for $12 well exceeded my expectations. A guy caught up with me on a bike path, complimented the light & asked me its name & where I got it. And it was in a broad daylight on a sunny day. I am happy I didn't get DToplight at three times the price without blinking modes (Serfas has three very catchy ones). It is also made in Taiwan where more of quality cycling equipment tends to be made...
rfomenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-10, 10:56 PM   #36
Ziemas
Senior Member
 
Ziemas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Riga, Latvia
Bikes:
Posts: 10,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechBgon View Post
Let's let dekindy have the thread back, this is obviously going nowhere However, to answer your question about why I'd post the same information more than once... this is an Internet forum, and that's normal. The same topics of discussion come up again and again. For someone to post the same information more than once does not indicate an agenda. Also, unless you've successfully hacked my Gmail account, it's time for you to stop making assumptions about my contact history with PDW about the problem, because you obviously don't know the full story.

End of discussion.
Why don't you tell us the full story then if there is more to it as you claim?
Ziemas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13 AM.