I got a first generation MS-900 last x-mas from geoman. Love the light.
But the battery died.
Here is my experience:
Initial burn time was 3 hours - sweet!
After just a few (maybe 5-6) cycles, burn time dropped to 1 hour, not so sweet but ok.
After another 6 cycles or so, the battery died....it just wouldn't take a charge, the charger LED was always red.
I wrote to geoman and they VERY KINDLY sent me a new battery last month. This one is the newer battery (cylindrical shape).
I want to do right by the new battery, and am wondering the following (forgive my ignorance but I am not knowledgeable about batteries):
1. Does it matter if I let it run down between charges? Or just top it off?
2. Does it matter if I keep battery and charge it in my garage (winter temps about 45F).
3. Anything else I can do to maximize battery life and minimize it from dying an early death?
4. I plan to disconnect the battery when not in use (so the stupid LED is not on), is that best or should I keep it connected or does it not matter??
For my backup lights (fenix L2D CE Q5) and blinkies I have a smart charger from Lacrosse, but for the MS I just have the dumb charger and would appreciate any suggestions/answers to the questions above.