Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, CA USA
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Cjzoller
Have you considered the new Polar CS500?
Sure. That has great industrial design but
- Is not compatible with my Powertap
- Will not download to Golden Cheetah (like Training Peaks WKO+ but free and runs on Linux + Mac)
- Has no backlight
- Has no GPS to correlate recorded data with geographic land marks
- Uses a properietary protocol instead of ANT+ so I can't re-use the same sensors if I change head units (say to a Garmin with navigation because I start riding to unfamiliar places or to a Droid application using the native ANT+ support in current chipsets)
- Requires a proprietary wireless adapter for downloads instead of a simple USB cable.
- Costs about the same as a Garmin Edge 500 which does all that
So I bought a Garmin Edge 500.
Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 12-13-10 at 08:33 PM.