We just went on holiday and finding destinations with just maps a nightmare.
We are looking for a GPS navigator that meets the following requirements:
- displays a map
- use in car for voice directions
- use on bike for voice directions (okay for an additional, possibly external battery)
- easily transferred from bike to car and vice versa
- no cadence or heart rate required for bike use
- record route to file
- download file to computer
- file format must be the accepted de facto "standard" for manipulation by programs and upload to Open Map and Map My Ride (or at least easily converted to the de facto standard from the native proprietary standard)
- upload routes from computer to navigator
- be really, really inexpensive (moo-er-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha )
I would also be interested in GPS-based stolen bike tracing; not sure how this relates to the GPS navigator.
If you have any advice about issues overlooked in the list above, please feel free to add them. This GPS novice will be grateful any help you can give.