Join Date: Jan 2007
Bikes: Ridgeback Voyage (for touring and commuting), unknown beach cruiser (for smiling)
Closeups of peoples faces are funny when they fall off. You can't see what's going on, and then there's a sudden look of panic on their faces.
We've got 4 days and 4 riders so plenty of scope for switching things about. I only want a 10 minute film at the end of all this.
I agree about seeing some of the bike in the shot, the head cam footage I took before wasn't particularly inspiring, it was just scenery wobbling about.
I'm thinking of the following positions:
- shots from the handlebar stem (hopefully showing the bar ends, computer etc.)
- shots facing backwards (of other riders behind me)
- shots looking down on the wheels/pedals for atmospheric cut aways (splashing through puddles)
- hand held shots of people going past me
- close ups of people talking (mounted on helmet or handlebar)
I don't have the chest strap unfortunately but I have just ordered the tripod mount kit so I'll be able to screw it to various things.