1) Create a new Profile and name it something like "Find Me"
2) For the First Context select "Event" then select "Phone" then select "Received Text."
3) In the dialogue box for "Received Text" select "Any" for Type, keep the Sender field <null> (or you can add a specific phone number so that only that person can trigger the task), and under Content input whatever word you want to trigger this task. Pick a word that is easy to remember, but not something someone is going to txt you in normal conversation for example, don't use "hey").
At this point you've defined the conditions for when Tasker will initiate this process. The next step is to define the action Tasker will take after you receive the txt message.
4) In the "Task Selection" dialogue box that appears, select "New Task." You can leave the name field blank, or name it whatever you like. Doesn't matter.
5) Click the "+" icon in the lower left-hand corner of the dialogue box to add your first action.
6) Click "Net" then "Wifi" then set WiFi to "On" and click the green check mark.
7) Click the "+" icon then click "Net" then click "Mobile Data" and set it to "On". Accept by clicking the green check mark.
8) Click the "+" icon then click "Misc" then click "GPS" and set it to "On". Accept by clicking the green check mark.
The above steps make sure that mobile data (i.e. 3g, 4g, etc..) is turned on, wifi is turned on and your GPS is turned on. Mobile should be on anyways, but it never hurts to try this. turning on wifi and GPS helps to improve location accuracy.
9) Next, click the "+" icon again then click "Misc" then "Get Location."
9a. for "source" select "Any." By default your phone will provide the most accurate location available. If it can't do GPS it will switch to Wifi and if that doesn't work it will pull the cell tower triangulation.
9b. for "Timeout (seconds)" I choose 60. This defines how long your phone should search for the location before responding. GPS takes a little time to lock on so if you set this too low tasker might respond before it has time to get a good lock.
9c. Leave "Continue Task Immediately" and "if" both unchecked. click the green check mark.
10) Next click the "+" icon then click "Phone" then "Send SMS."
10a. For "Number" type in "%SMSRF". This variable represents the phone number from the last person that send you a text. A known bug is that if a new txt is received while the phone is searching for the signal (see the 60 second timeout) that person becomes the "last txt from" number.
10b. For Message, enter in the following (do not type the line numbers, those are for your reference. also don't enter the quotes):
[Line 1] "Net Location: maps.google.com/maps?q=%LOCN"
[Line 2] "Accuracy +/- %LOCNACC Meters"
[Line 3] "Battery: %BATT %"
10c. Leave "if" blank. If you want a copy of the message saved in your sms app, check "Store in Messaging App." click the green check mark.
11) Click the green check marks until you've exited Tasker.
Have someone send you a txt message to test it out.