Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ANT+cycle computers

    I really need a new bicycle computer. Does anyone have experience with the various models that come with this technology? I am thinking of the Bontrager Node series.

    Thanks in advance.
    David

  2. #2
    Senior Member Looigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANT+ is good in that it is basically immune to interference. Also, most ANT+ sensors will work with most ANT+ computers. My wife has a Node 2. Programming and operating it is pretty arduous. They've since come out with new versions, the Node 1.1 and 2.1 and these look to be much more user friendly. However, I'd recommend getting a Garmin 500 if you can swing it. It will work with the Bontrager Duotrap sensors if that's a consideration.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looigi View Post
    ANT+ is good in that it is basically immune to interference. Also, most ANT+ sensors will work with most ANT+ computers. My wife has a Node 2. Programming and operating it is pretty arduous. They've since come out with new versions, the Node 1.1 and 2.1 and these look to be much more user friendly. However, I'd recommend getting a Garmin 500 if you can swing it. It will work with the Bontrager Duotrap sensors if that's a consideration.
    Can you view speed, hr and cadence in the same screen?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Looigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, and in fact what the number of items displayed and what they are is configurable. See page 38 of the manual here:

    http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Edge_500_OM_EN.pdf

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looigi View Post
    Yes, and in fact what the number of items displayed and what they are is configurable. See page 38 of the manual here:

    http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/Edge_500_OM_EN.pdf
    I was more interested in the Bontrager Node 2 as far as what you can see in screen. The Garmin 500 is way above my price range...

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,401
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGonzalez View Post
    I was more interested in the Bontrager Node 2 as far as what you can see in screen. The Garmin 500 is way above my price range...
    Yes, for the Node 2.1. Search/Google for the manual for this computer.

    The speed is always displayed. The distance/hr/cadence/power/etc show up on the bottom line. There's a special "dual" mode for the bottom line where you can select any two things to display at one time.

    I have had the Node 2.1 for 2000 miles and I like it. One advantage of it is that the batteries last a long while (I haven't had to change it yet).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •