My Cateye Enduro 8 has finally given up the ghost after more years that I can remember, and I'm looking for a replacement, and thought I'd ask for recommendations.
My requirements are:
- multiple wheel diameters (to accommodate multiple bikes). I have 3 that I ride regularly, but I can probably narrow it down to two wheel diameters.
- Replacement sensors available. (For the second and third bike)
- well made. I hate replacing stuff that breaks. It should 'just work'.
- Cheap! 'Cause I am too. :-)
I'm OK with either wired or wireless. Wired only has to be hooked up once per bike so not a big deal. Cateye used to make a more robust wiring kit, I suppose for mountain biking, and I had them on a couple bikes.
I commute to work 10 or 11 months a year, run errands and do the occasional loaded tour or charity ride, so functions I'm after are:
- Trip Distance (A and B distances would be preferrable)
- Average Speed
My local bike shop carries Specialized computers (http://www.specialized.com/ca/en/ftb...zone-computers) and MEC carries a number of brands I've never heard of before. (http://www.mec.ca/shop/bike-computer...ter&h=10+50023). I also have an REI membership, but that involves a cross-border trip to Michigan.