OK - I am sorting out a dynamo setup for my wife. She will not be doing much in the way of bad weather/night time/long bike rides so going down the hub dynamo route is a non-starter.
I am planning to avoid the non-branded bottles, and so far have narrowed my choices down to
- AXA HR Traction - This is my preferred option at the moment.
- AXA Quattro - Apart from the roller, I am trying to work out the difference between this and the HR, and which is better (the anthracite colour of the Quattro will look nicer on her bike though).
- Busch & Muller Dymotec 6 - Is the extra cost worth it over the AXA's?
I avoided the Nordlicht as I have read too many posts complaining of slippage.
On to the lights. I want a reasonable output from the, but nothing that will break the bank. Ideally they will be front fork crown and rear rack mounted.
Here are some that I am considering - obviously the higher the lux the better provided that the lux figure has not been calculated included "wasted" light. - I do prefer beams with a defined, square cut-off, but will consider standard "torch" beams.
- Busch & Muller Lumotec Lyt B 15 lux (or the more expensive Lyt at 25 lux)
- AXA Pico30 30 lux
- Raleigh RSP 25 lux but struggling to find anything on Raleigh's own site for this item.
- SportDirectTM Secu Evo 30 lux, appears to be a rebrand of the Buchel (Beuchel) model - good reviews on Amazon for both brands but to me an unknown brand.
- SportDirectTM Secu Sport 25 lux
- Trelock LS 692 20 lux and available as a set with the LS 813 rear light.
For the rear light I am considering