I bought one of this type of light (claimed to be 1800LM but about the same as my 800LM flashlight, both could be much less ). Not as impressed as I thought I would be. I used it twice. It shut off more than half of the time without warning. I finally found out at least some incidents were caused by the cable from the light to the battery being totally disconnected--the connection between the battery and light was too loose. Is there an easy solution to this? Also, how strong is the rubber ring that is used to mount the light to the handlebar? When the road is bumpy, the light tends to slip downward on the handlebar; may fall some day.
Although it's reasonably bright, I find it doesn't throw very far. It lights up very close vicinity. My flashlight has a longer beam.