[Help Needed] Bike storage at home
Hi, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to take a few minutes of your time with helping me with my final major project.
Just a brief introduction as to who and what I am doing:
I’m a Product & Furniture Design student currently in my third and final year at Kingston University, within Greater London. My final project is themed ‘Living with cycling’. In short, I will tackle the problem with storage of bike(s) within urban/city/town households.
The following questions will help me gauge and channel into whichever direction it takes me. Further development and insight will then follow and, finally a full working prototype. I order to make this project as successful as possible; I will need YOUR knowledge and first-hand experiences in order to do this.
This information will be invaluable towards my project and any information you give out, it will be an extensive part of my overall project.
Please answer the questions as fully as possible. The questions are as follows…
1) What do you use your bicycle for? I.e. commuting, fitness, enthusiast, or all of these
2) How many bikes do you own?
3) What type of dwelling do you reside in? I.e. house, flat, studio etc
4) Is it a rented property?
5) Where do you store your bike(s)?
6) Do you use existing bike storage solutions?
If no, why is that?
7) What are the problems/pain in the backside/hassles do you deal with when storing your bikes?
8) Imagine you have arrived outside your home, what are the step-by-step motions do you go through? (In as much detail as possible)
If you feel comfortable, you can email your answers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much for taking your time out to fill this in, and again all of the information given will pay dividends towards my final major project.