Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Paris to Brussels or Copenhagen to Stockholm?

    Hi, In early July, 2014, my 16-year old son and I would are planning our second bike trip in Europe (last summer we cycled from Amsterdam, across Germany to Prague, and then up to Berlin).

    This time we have about two weeks for the trip and are thinking about either a trip 1) from Paris to Brussels or 2) from Copenhagen to Stockholm.

    Any advice about either route would be appreciated. Other suggestions for routes in Europe would also be appreciated. We like routes that are not super hilly/mountainous and that are fairly cool temperature-wise.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pajottenland, Brussels, Belgium
    My Bikes
    L'Avenir Urban, Cannondale Bad Boy
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherson View Post
    Hi, In early July, 2014, my 16-year old son and I would are planning our second bike trip in Europe (last summer we cycled from Amsterdam, across Germany to Prague, and then up to Berlin).

    This time we have about two weeks for the trip and are thinking about either a trip 1) from Paris to Brussels or 2) from Copenhagen to Stockholm.

    Any advice about either route would be appreciated. Other suggestions for routes in Europe would also be appreciated. We like routes that are not super hilly/mountainous and that are fairly cool temperature-wise.

    Thanks.

    Copenhagen to Stockholm will be more nature, more beautiful scenery. More clean air.

    Paris to Brussels, will be fine to combine with Tour de France. More bigger city, more architecture. More traffic.
    But even though, nice routes can be found aswel from Paris to Brussels. More beer in Belgium. Cheaper !

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulevardi View Post
    Copenhagen to Stockholm will be more nature, more beautiful scenery. More clean air.

    Paris to Brussels, will be fine to combine with Tour de France. More bigger city, more architecture. More traffic.
    But even though, nice routes can be found aswel from Paris to Brussels. More beer in Belgium. Cheaper !
    Thank you.

    What are your thoughts on cycling from

    Copenhagen to Berlin via Hamburg

    OR

    Paris to Brussels, via the Ardennes?

    Also, what's the scenery like in the suburbs north of Paris?

    Many thanks.

  4. #4
    Formerly Known as Newbie Juha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    5,657
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another detail about CPH-Stockholm, you cannot ride over the Íresund Link bridge between Denmark and Sweden by bike. As apparently no Swedish trains take bikes either, you'll have to either take a ferry across Íresund, or load the bikes in a car / bus and then drive across the bridge.

    --J
    To err is human. To moo is bovine.

    Who is this General Failure anyway, and why is he reading my drive?


    Become a Registered Member in Bike Forums
    Community guidelines

  5. #5
    Senior Member Winfried's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherson View Post
    What are your thoughts on cycling from Copenhagen to Berlin via Hamburg OR Paris to Brussels, via the Ardennes? Also, what's the scenery like in the suburbs north of Paris?
    From Paris to Brussels through the Ardennes, it could be a bit hilly.

    Alternatively, if you like cities and architecture, you could choose a more western route through Beauvais, Amiens, Arras, Lille, Kortijk, Gent and end in Brussels.

    And if you have a free day, you could ride to the shore and take the Kusttram:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •