Thread: On the way back

My Bikes
    Fuji Cross Comp, BMC SR02
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the way back

Been off of here over a year. Job changed, could no longer ride. So, changed job. Moved from Oregon to New Mexico, and started a diet to drop the weight that a lack of cycling in combination with beer and burgers can slap on. Down 40 pounds since moving here during the winter, and just starting to re-incorporate daily exercise. When walking today, I caught myself getting excited about riding again - been a while since I could feel that way, what with the very un-spandex-appropriate lard coming off. With the hiking and walking and weight loss, getting back in the saddle is not going to hurt all that much. Circumstance (buying a new home) will delay getting back in the saddle till later in June, but it isn't going to be long.

AND, I get to buy a bunch of new cycling clothes - I'm 10# below what I was at while riding a lot, and still have 15-20 to go. Never been afraid of hills, but being able to climb them at greater than 4mph will be nice!

David

My Bikes
    Cannondale Caad 8; Jamis Aurora Elite, Kona Disc road bike, Rocky Mntn Equipe, Apollo Imperial, KHS Aero Comp SS
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great motivation! I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in forever. I was hoping to see some smaller numbers given all the cycling I've been doing lately. Guess I may have to cut back on some of the burgers. Either way, not afraid of hills. Bring em on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congratulations.

My Bikes
    1982 Tomassini, 1963 Peugeot PX10, and eight special issue Canadian lightweights...
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day one in Jamaica - 238 pounds...

Day before I left Jamaica, three months later - 198 pounds...

Learn how to find, restore and maintain vintage road bicycles at... MY "TEN SPEEDS"