Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

50+ Jerseys and Shorts, Group Buy

Just as Curtis said, in previous group buy events, “I'm doing this just because it's fun and neat to see these pop up all over.” I consider doing this a privilege, and an honor for Curtis, as well as all of you, to trust me to place the order, correctly, and in a timely manner.

I have a life, outside of BF, and the 50+ Forum, strange as that seems. Please be patient about the speed/time length, of this process. Past group buys have taken a while, due to the time for Champion System to make the apparel. their quality is very good, the goods are well made and durable.

Please read all this first:

* Please, read and follow, the order directions, with care.
    * I will update (edit) this post with a table of order info to confirm your order, every few days. Please be patient about getting updates.
    *Please check back a few days after you order and make sure it's right, if you find an error in the order, please message, or email me, quickly.
    *For important news about the event I'll add a new reply, in the thread that references this one.
    * The jersey design is the Final Jersey Design, I can't make any changes, no matter how small, without Curtis having to starting the whole process over again, with new minimum orders, and everything that entails, and added costs to your order. Please do not ask for changes to the items’ design.
    * Check the sizing chart below. Don't even think about the race fit jersey unless you are almost a pro and rail thin. Just don't. You will see this warning again.
    * This process takes longer than you think, waiting for orders, having them made, getting them shipped. Don't expect this to be like a real store. Like over 6 weeks after I order, to get them to here, so that I can ship them to each of you. Their single order custom apparel option cost a great deal more, especially in shipping to you, than does our CS10 option, for custom designed apparel.
    * Posting here is fine, but your actual order is the Paypal message (and money) I get. Do not assume that anything that you post in this thread will be applied to your order, or change things in any way. Use Personal Messages, or my email (whb-mdmb@att.net) to ask questions, or let me know if I have posted something in, or about an order incorrectly.
    *The shipping if your order will be through USPS, and in a Priority Mailer envelope, the cost of shipping to you is included in the price quoted for the kit items. Out of the U.S., you must contact me for the shipping cost, before you send your money (in USD funds only.) Using the Priority Mail envelope cuts down on costs, and keeps the mailing process, to all of you, simplified. Less chance for me to make an error in the addresses, or getting the order correct.
    *The Paypal charge is included in your price, I am charged for funds I receive from you, for your order, this is not something for my pocket, or for Champion System, Inc.

Orders close on Saturday, June 28, 2015. Don't send money after that!
    Outside the USA? Message or email me and we'll work out postage. It will be more, but it will be an honest reflection of the USPS rates to send your item(s) to you. I will try to keep all shipping cost to a minimum, while insuring that you receive your things in a timely, safe manner.

1. Items are available in women’s, men’s, tailoring, (except for the Summer fabric material jersey,) and the jerseys are in either a club cut, or a race cut sizing. The race cut jerseys are very tightly tailored, unless you are very slim, or just prefer a tightly fitting garment, use the Club Cut option. Sizing runs fairly normal, like regular US sizing, but it is road cycling apparel.

2. The chamois, or pad, for the shorts, knickers and tights is available in Performance, or Endurance (adds $10.00 to the price, and is quoted below as such.) types. Please note which chamois option you are ordering, for shorts, tights, or knickers.
    Sizes available:
    xs, s, m, l, xl, 2xl, 3xl, 4xl

To view the Champion System apparel page:Custom Cycling Clothing their prices are not the same, we are getting the CS10 program price, and your shipping and handling are included in the price that i have listed below.

The apparel items offered:
    Short sleeve jersey, men’s or women’s cut, race or club tailoring. $66.00
    Summer weight fabric men’s jersey, race or club tailoring, $86.00
    Sleeveless jersey, men’s or women’s cut, race or club tailoring, $66.00
    Wind vest, men’s or women’s cut, $74.00
    Wind Jacket, men’s or women’s cut, 82.00
    Bib shorts, performance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $84.00
    Bib shorts, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $94.00
    Shorts, Performance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $75.00
    Shorts, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $85.00
    Summer bib shorts, performance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $95.00
    Summer bib shorts, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $105.00
    Summer shorts, performance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $86.00
    Summer shorts, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $96.00
    Bib knickers, performance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $86.00
    Bib knickers, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $96.00
    Tights, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $120.00
    Tights, endurance chamois, men’s or women’s cut, $130.00

No additional items will be added, just as changes to the design are not possible, any added item would require the design process would have to be started over in its entirety. this will not be possible.

All jerseys will have full length zippers, these are the preferred choice here, and using a single zipper type simplifies our order.

Here are two pictures of 50+ jerseys:
    50+ jersey 1.jpeg50+.JPGThis is the signed jersey that belongs to jppe (Joe) . signed by Jens "Shut-Up-Legs" Voigt
    Please excuse the picture of me, this was a few years ago, I was nearly 250lbs at that time, now at 168lbs.

How to order:
    Paypal is the only option for payment, your funds are safe, and no need for waiting for checks to clear the banks.
    My Paypal is whb-mdmb@worldnet.att.net
    Paypal me the correct amount of money,
    Include in the comment/message area this info, in this order!

50+ order
    Real Name
    Street Address
    City
    state
    Zip

Bike Forum name (don't forget this!)
    Item ordered (vest, short sleeve jersey, long sleeve etc)
    Cut (mens club, men's race, women's) See note above about race cut.
    Size (xl, sm, etc)
    A Paypal account cost you nothing to send funds, I have safely used them since 2000, without any incident, or problem. No other payment option will be considered. There is an option within Paypal to use your credit card, check with their FAQ about this, if you want/need to use a credit card.

The receipt of the Paypal funds, with the above information included is your order, not anything you have posted here, or in any other thread.

If you have questions about shipping please use the Personal Message feature, here, or email me, whb-mdmb@att.net

Again, I will appreciate your patience about the time, and the process, it has worked smoothly for Curtis, and the res of us as well, in the past. Thank you all for your orders, and your trust.

Bill

BTW, there is a 10 item minimum to place our order, by the option we chose to use, in order to not pay a king's ransom for custom designed work. The CS10 program is what we are using.
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-11-15 at 08:11 PM. Reason: additional information
    "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me", Philippians 4 13

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2015 Specialized Sirrus Elite, 2012 Masi Evoluzione
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So excited! And so grateful! Thanks to both of you for all your hard work - ahead of time!
    2015 Sirrus Elite
    2012 Masi Evoluzione

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have received 2 orders now, and more should be coming, after I answered some PM's, a few minutes ago. The Paypal is working fine, going by those two orders. To all Canadian members, if you want to order, just use the prices I quoted for US mailing, in the above post. It will not be Priority International Mail, that would approach $35.00, per envelope, I can do better that that with a slower method, using standard US Postal Service mailing, it will take longer to get to you, though.

It is my intention to make this as painless to our wallets, as I can, without losing my shirt (or jersey) in the process. I would like for anyone that wants to order something to get it, I'll deal with things.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-12-15 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Clarity

An old newbie
    My Bikes
    Madone 7.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wear my 50+ jersey with a lot of pride! However, I am now 60 and wondering if the + sign really identifies those of us who are still riding at this age and beyond? I really to not want to create any additional work for anyone, but riding a bike beyond any age beyond 50, in my opinion, is a rare accomplishment and worthy of recognition to both the rider and those who do not ride but see the rider wearing the jersey. Has there ever been any thought to adding a 60+, 70+ or beyond to the current jersey? When I turned 50 and ordered my jersey there were many others doing the same thing - they are now 60+. I am believe the numbers would make it financially sustainable but it would help it those 60+ would confirm this?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    I have received 2 orders now, and more should be coming, after I answered some PM's, a few minutes ago. The Paypal is working fine, going by those two orders. To all Canadian members, if you want to order, just use the prices I quoted for US mailing, in the above post. It will not be Priority International Mail, that would approach $35.00, per envelope, I can do better that that with a slower method, using standard US Postal Service mailing, it will take longer to get to you, though.

It is my intention to make this as painless to our wallets, as I can, without losing my shirt (or jersey) in the process. I would like for anyone that wants to order something to get it, I'll deal with things.

Bill
    Many thanks for doing this Bill. I will be placing an order later this week for sure.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiffknee View Post
    I wear my 50+ jersey with a lot of pride! However, I am now 60 and wondering if the + sign really identifies those of us who are still riding at this age and beyond? I really to not want to create any additional work for anyone, but riding a bike beyond any age beyond 50, in my opinion, is a rare accomplishment and worthy of recognition to both the rider and those who do not ride but see the rider wearing the jersey. Has there ever been any thought to adding a 60+, 70+ or beyond to the current jersey? When I turned 50 and ordered my jersey there were many others doing the same thing - they are now 60+. I am believe the numbers would make it financially sustainable but it would help it those 60+ would confirm this?
    I would be in.However, see above regarding making changes. This requires a total restart.

My Bikes
    My beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my 2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod Team bike
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've resisted getting a 50+ jersey since the first order was placed many years ago. I finally broke down and ordered one a few minutes ago. Hope it looks as good on me as it does on you other 50+ folks.

When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking. — Arthur Conan Doyle

An old newbie
    My Bikes
    Madone 7.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry - I did not meat to interrupt the current order process. I remain in gratitude to you and others who have helped with this process. I have not visited this forum for awhile and am older now - I just wanted to raise an issue. I continue to support the 50+ jersey and will continue to wear mine with pride and a sense of accomplishment! Thank you for your efforts and I hope everyone on this forum 50+ orders a jersey and wears it religiously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill -

Is item 2 (Summer weight fabric men’s jersey, race or club tailoring, $86.00) a long-sleeved version of the jersey?

To which apparel item on the Champion link does the 'Wind Jacket' correspond?

Thanks, Mike

Living 'n Dying in ¾-Time JBHoren's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything offered in Mens Long Sleeves (Summer-weight fabrics, of course). Can I get a little guidance here? Sure, Natch; I'm over 60, but wotthehell, right? Perhaps I'll meet that gal-who-clicks and the labeling will lead her astray (such luck I never have); So, I go with 50+ patterns -- cut to "club fit" -- and say "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full"
    But I need 'em in Summer weight, long-sleeved, Size "L" (Large)
    Am I missing/misunderstanding something basic? Come... help me spend some of my meager Social Security retirement benefit
    ________
    Jonathan B. Horen
    Jonathan Horen is a cyclist from Greenacres, FL | dailymile

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is not a long sleeve summer weight jersey, unfortunately. It is a short sleeved jersey with special material, and some panels for extra ventilation. Its tailoring is the same as the standard short sleeve jerseys, both race Cut, and Club Cut types. I know that many of us want the summer weight LS jerseys to protect from skin cancer problems, perhaps Champion will come up with one. It they have one, I did not see it anywhere, I will talk to our rep there and ask if our design that is already on file, can be transferred over to that particular item, if it exists, when I talk to her this week. The TechFleece lite, is a long sleeve cool weather jersey, not a summer jersey.

NVanHiker ,the wind jacket, as I listed it, is their WindGuard jacket, model.WindGuard Jacket - Jackets - Men's Cycling Collection - Custom Cycling Collection

Stiffknee, Its not a problem that you asked the question, it comes up each time we have had a group kit buy, here. The design, and the first group buys were done by cccorlew (Curtis), he spent a lot of time, and money, getting the 50+ graphics in file at Champion Systems. He felt that we should stick with the 50+ as its the forum name. Not the only thing that has caused problems about as we have aged, over the years. If a group here, wants a 60+, 70+, etc., they could set up with Champion Systems, or one of the other custom cycling apparel outfits, and do a design there. It certainly could be offered as a group buy here. Someone else would need to undertake that, I am not artistically talented, by any means at all. I am doing the administrative end of the group buy this time, Curtis does not have any time right now, to undertake even a group buy, much less go through the design process. Its not being selfish, or trying to shut anyone out, but this particular design is dear to many of us, they have made it to many corners of the world, and its neat to encounter someone wearing one, in a new place, or event. It will probably happen, but it does take time and money to get things organized.

Please feel free to continue to ask questions, the orders will be taken through Saturday, June 28, 2015, if there are not the minimum 10 items ordered I plan to extend the period by 1 week. then it is a closed deal.Should we not reach 10 items I will refund everyone's money, through Paypal, where it will remain until I either order the kit, and pay Champion System, or refund everyone. That has never happened, but it is a possibility everyone needs to realize.

I would like to thank those that have ordered already, it make me feel better about taking up bandwidth here with my ramblings. I want to thank RonH, for making this thread a stickie, too. I appreciate your help, and encouragement, Ron.

Regards,
    Bill

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't tell you how happy I am that qcpmsame has taken on the task of doing these jerseys (and doing pieces) for the forum. Like so many things in life, there is a curve. Though I enjoyed designing the jerseys and having them placed, literally , world wide, I was getting a bit tired and felt badly about not making them available more often.

graciously offered to take on the task, and holy smokes am I pleased. We've had lots of email and phone calls in our attempt to transition all the free labor into his gullible hands

I do hope you'll post photos when you get your jerseys. It's really fun to see them, and see you all. The only thing better is to see on "in the wild."

So, thansk again, qcpmsame, and I hope you all enjoy wearing your jerseys as much as i enjoy wearing mine.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com —— Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of Monday morning, we have made the 10 item minimum for our order requirements. This means that its a go, and that June 28, 2015, is the closing date for placing an order. A listing of each purchaser, and the item(s) ordered, and its details, will be posted this evening. Please be sure and check the listings, to make sure of your order being what you want. Changes are fine, up to the closing, then its going straight to Champion System to expedite the shipping, as its a long period and waiting around just makes it worse. Curtis had usually had things out in 6-8 weeks, depending on how quick CS gets the order back to him. When I receive the package, that stuff gets placed in the mailers, that night, and in the mail the next day. I am not going to be the hang up.

Thanks to all that have placed an order, the information listed on the Paypal message block has been 100%, and the one change request was done correctly, and very courteously, thanks to all of you, again.

Bill

between Milwaukee and Sheboygan in Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've printed out the sizing charts just now and will be measuring stuff at home this week to ensure a good fit.
    I really want one of these this year since I've just crossed the 60+ threshold so wearing a 50+ jersey will be like wearing a truthful lie.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Life happens, don't be a spectator.

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the current list of orders, each item is listed separately for clarity. Please check your order to make sure that I have the correct item(S), size, and cut, listed.

50+ Group Buy, June 2015

Name

Dwchaney SS Jersey Club Cut XL

Dwchaney Bib Shorts N.A. XL

Marvelous Markie SS Jersey Club Cut M

RonH SS Jersey Club Cut XL

Winston63 SS Jersey ClubCut XL

jdpt SS Jersey ClubCut L

miya SS Jersey Club Cut M

NVanHiker SS Jersey Club Cut L

WarrenR SS Jersey Club Cut XL

WarrenR Bib Shorts N.A. XL

WarrenR Wind Jacket N.A. XL

No Screen Name* SS Jersey Club Cut M

qcpmsame SS Jersey Club Cut XL

*I received a Paypal from a member in Georgia, I don't want to publish their actual name here without their knowledge. They left out their screen name in the message, instead I received a link from them to this thread. It is for a single men's short sleeve, club cut jersey, medium. I have an idea who it might be, and there is not a post by the member I feel this might be, but if this member would please email me their screen name, I need it to complete the order list that I want to post here, for checking on the order's correct information (size, item ordered, cut, etc.) thanks much, sorry for being overly cautious, in some eyes, I just take this seriously.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-17-15 at 06:26 AM.

My Bikes
    Colnago Tecnos, Raleigh RX 2.0, Ciöcc Exige
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill,
    Thanks so much for taking this on. I'll look forward (patiently) to being able to wear the jersey!
    Tom

My Bikes
    Peugeot Evasion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bill,

I can confirm my order looks good, can't wait, but I will!

Thanks in advance.

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of June 17, 2015, the followong orders were received, and the Paypal payment is verified:
    50+ Group Buy, June 2015

Name Item Tailoring Size

jdpt SS Jersey ClubCut L

No Sc. Name* SS Jersey Club Cut M

Oldguyonoldbike SS Jersey Club Cut L

on2wheelsks SS Jersey Club Cut XXL

Dan Burkhart Wind Jacket XXL

I still need the screen name for the purchase indicated * above.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-18-15 at 06:14 AM.

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still 8 days remaining to place an order, if you want to get in on this group buy of the 50+ Kit. The minimum has been met so this is a go.

Bill

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50+ Cycling Kit, Group Buy, Summer 2015
    We have 2 days left to place orders here. Saturday, June 29, 2015 closes the ordering process, at the site. The order will be placed at Champion System on The evening of June 29, 2015, at 9:00 P.M., CDT After the order is placed with Champion System no further orders from members will, or can, be accepted

As of June 26, 2015, the following orders were received, and the Paypal payment is verified:

Name Item Tailoring Size

jdpt SS Jersey ClubCut L

No Sc. Name SS Jersey Club Cut M

Outnumbered SS Jersey Club Cut L

rgc52 SS Jersey Club Cut XL

rider5200 SS Jersey, Club Cut, XL

billyk SS Jersey, Club Cut, XXL

There are a few days left, Saturday will close the orders here and I will have the complete order in to Champion Systems by Sunday, June 28, 2015, early evening the latest. They are saying 6 weeks to turn things around, I will be talking to our representative there tomorrow and I will try and get a better idea of the time we are looking at.

I will gladly answer any questions about any thing related to our order, just P.M. or email me, any time.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-26-15 at 07:37 AM.

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are down to the last two days to place your individual orders for the 50+ Cycling Kit. Saturday, 9:00 P.M., June 29, 2015, will close the ordering for the 50+ Forum members. The order will be sent in to Champion System at that time, no further additions will, or could be accepted, for the kit items. Then its waiting for CS to make our things, and ship them to me, for mailing, to all of you that placed your orders.

Please be sure that you check the list above, if you have not already done so, to be sure that I have orders correct. I am calling our representative this morning, so as to make sure of the exact process for sending our order in, through the website. If you have any questions about anything, now is the time to get your concerns, or problems, in to me.

Thanks to everyone that placed an order, and for your patience with me in getting this accomplished.

Bill

My Bikes
    2012 Caad 8 105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like getting in at the last minute. Should log in more often.
    I have NEVER regretted going on a ride;
    I have often regretted not going when I could have!

Clydesdales and Athenas Strava Club
    http://www.strava.com/clubs/clydesda...bikeforums-net

My Bikes
    Peugeot Evasion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dates are a little off, today, Saturday is the 27th, tomorrow is Sunday the 28th. You had said the cutoff was the 28th but I take it now it will be today the 27th at 9:00 pm eastern time?

Thanks again for the great work!

between Milwaukee and Sheboygan in Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ("THUD", sound of my head hitting the floor after smacking myself on the forehead, once again life happens, maybe next time. )

Wear them with pride.
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Life happens, don't be a spectator.

My Bikes
    2012 CAAD 10 3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extending the order closing until Monday!

Alright, sue me, I am just an engineer no one told me we had to be able to count, and read a calendar. Now I feel like I wasted all those years of college, Freshman year was 5 of the longest years of my life

And, I am extending the date for closing off until Monday evening, and I checked my reading ability, this will be June 29, 2015. Lots of orders today, seems like this group buy is going over well, thanks so much for everyone's order. Hint to Treebound

As of June 27, 2015, the following orders were received, and the Paypal payment is verified:

Name Item Tailoring Size

jdpt SS Jersey ClubCut L

No Sc. Name SS Jersey Club Cut M

Outnumbered SS Jersey Club Cut L

rgc52 SS Jersey Club Cut XL

rider5200 SS Jersey, Club Cut, XL

billyk SS Jersey, Club Cut, XXL

FamilyMan007 Wind Vest, L

FamilyMan007, SS Jersey Club Cut L

SammyJ SS Jersey Club Cut XL

Planemaker SS Jersey Club Cut XXL

So, you have this evening, all day tomorrow, and until 7:00 PM Monday evening, to place your order. This should not adversely effect the order turn around as no one there would have processed our order until Monday, anyway. I have spoken with our rep at Champion System, she said we look good to go when I place the order.

My thanks, again, to everyone that has placed an order for the 50+ Kit, and especially to Curtis, for his trusting me to undertake the group buy, this time, and for designing the kit.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 06-27-15 at 08:50 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast