Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Registered: May 2005 Looking for two to six more congenial bikers for a 3 week-long casual bike experience through quaint villages, vineyards, wineries, olive groves. The organizers of this ride are a delightful senior couple who have lead organized rides all over Europe. We will be riding a total of 400 plus miles near the heel of the boot, staying in B&B's, etc, remaining in a village for a couple of days or so -- depending on the group's desires! One of us has already been on two trips with them and has nothing but the best to report. We do need to have a commitment by mid-June. Happy to give you more information. ~Amy101
    Last edited by Amy101; 05-27-05 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Accidently used wrong emoticon (sarcastic)

My Bikes
    Seven Axiom, Mercier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about next year? Do you have plans for 2008? Our daughter graduates high school this year...we're free next year!
    Have been thinking of Northern Italy too.
    John
    Oldmanonabike

Ti #18 Senior.
    My Bikes
    Serotta Concours
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this.

http://www.belvederericcione.com/en/index.htm

Wife (non-rider) and I spent a wonderful week here in September. 4 star Bike Hotel on the Adriatic - great staff - a week we will always remember. I highly recommend.

Jim

My Bikes
    Seven Axiom, Mercier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim,
    Did you go with a recommendation or just try it out? How was the riding? I don't see much description of the rides, guides, mileage, climbs or where it is on the Adriatic. Can you fill me in or send links to fill in some blanks? Thanks a lot.
    John
    Oldmanonabike

Ti #18 Senior.
    My Bikes
    Serotta Concours
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This link.

I think that this link will help:

http://www.belvederericcione.com/cgi...zione=ciclisti

Usually three road rides (they also led mountain bike rides) were offered each day - professional bike guides. One ride for racers - 60 to 90 miles, an intermediate ride of lesser distance and panarama rides of 30 - 50 miles (3-4 hours). Lots of hills for a flatlander like me. At age 68, I rode the panarama rides and had a great time. More traffic at some times than I would have liked, but the traffic was always well behaved and the ride leader was great. Stops at nice rural cafes. This hotel was recommended by another rider on an earlier Italy rides thread, and after some communication we decided to give it a try. We went for the riding, when we got there, we really enjoyed the wonderful hotel (staff/food/wine/activities/entertainment), Riccione, and the Adriatic. My wife and I agree that this ranks with the best vacations we have ever enjoyed. We liked the week at the Hotel Belvedere better than the following week in Venice and Florence. That's just us - YMMV. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions abqhudson@comcast.net