Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 05-28-05, 11:37 AM   #1
Jim J

Bikes: Trek 730 & Trek 5200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
50+ Daily Thread...Super Saturday!

Hello,

On a running forum I frequent (yep...I'm a runner also) they have what they call a "daily thread". Here all the forum regulars post their workout for the day. It really does help to motivate others as they share daily experiences, as wells as their highs and lows.

Just a thought for this 50+ Fourm. What's you're thoughts?

Today I did a 30 miler on the local Keystone Trail. It's a paved bike/walk/run tail system here in Omaha. I currently ride a Trek 730 hybrid...but looking into getting my first road bike. Long term goal is to do a Century ride.

Have a great day!

Jim J
Omaha
Jim J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 03:09 PM   #2
jabike

Bikes: Lemond Buenos Aries, Gary Fisher Tassajara, Trek 4500, plus many more
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I rode my usual Saturday ride on the golf cart paths of Peachtree City, Georgia. Golf carts are the normal mode of transportation in this planned community that has close to 100 miles of paths for biking, walking, and riding in golf carts. The organized portion of the ride was only about 12 miles, but I ended up doing another 4 miles with another rider and about 18 miles by myself for a total of 34 miles. Just a light Saturday since I will probably do at least a metric century tomorrow. This ride was by Gary Fisher mountain bike and I will ride my Lemond road bike tomorrow.
jabike is offline   Reply With Quote