Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Ridin' a Long Time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice about a pump for my bike.

I have a woman's frame and the air pump I have won't fit it. It only fits a man's bike. Any suggestions as to what would fit on a woman's frame and where best to mount it?

Thanks.

My Bikes
    Guru Geneo, Specialized Roubaix Pro, Guru chron 'alu, Specialized Sequoia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalpast60
    I have a woman's frame and the air pump I have won't fit it. It only fits a man's bike. Any suggestions as to what would fit on a woman's frame and where best to mount it?

Thanks.
    There are some rather small pumps, but I have always had great luck carrying CO2 in my underseat bag.
    www.brokennecktobrokenrecords.com

My Bikes
    '04 Trek 5200, '73 Raleigh Grand Sport "Fixie" & '94 Specialized Rock Hopper Comp MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I placed my pump on the underside of the downtube. You just need to ensure the pump does not impede the swing of the front wheel.

Works great for me!
    Uphill or downhill; headwind or tailwind; Pavement or Dirt ... it's all good.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalpast60

Thanks.
    There are a great many Mini-pumps as sold for mountain bikes that have a clip that mounts onto the Water bottle bolts. Problem is that word Mini as most of them are too small to be effective. However there are a few that are small enough to mount on a bike, but large enough to be an effective pump. I personally use a Blackburn Mammoth pump and have no problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ride a traditional,drastic sloping top tube bike, I'd suggest a Topeak "morph"
    pump. Both road/mountain versions "morph" into "floor" pumps. Comes with it's own mounting bracket. Very versatile pump,can be mounted just about anywhere on the bike. I've carried the road version for a few years & have been very happy with it.
    http://www.topeak.com
    "...You ask me what I like about
    Texas? Well I'd tell ya', but we could
    be here...all night long."

Ridin' a Long Time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that advice. I appreciate it. Any suggestions as to where to buy it? Is it easy to attach?

@#$% cars
    My Bikes
    '02 Schwinn Frontier;'03 Fisher Tiburon; '04 Raleigh Companion; 04 Dahon SpeedPro; 69 Raleigh Sport fixed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Crank Bros. little one with a guage. I only go to 100 psi and it works great! It claims to do more and it just might. It also fits in my large seat bag. On my other bike, where I only need 70 psi I have a no-name little pump in a hold on the water bottle cage mount (under the cage). That works great too. My water bottle cage is in between the two sort of parallel tubes on my step-through. It's a Fisher hybrid frame.