Thread: Gift Ideas

My Bikes
    fat, long, single & fast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gift Ideas

Looking for gift ideas for a couple 50+ bikers. I have a chance to get a good deal on about anything at a bike shop. My Dad & his wife are bikers, mostly doing long fund-raising rides like the MS150, plus the appropriate training. We got her a 'biker chick' jersey, but are stumped on something for my dad. In the past I've given them things like the bike skins & airdam for the roof rack & similar items. What is something that you'd never buy for yourself but makes the ride go better / makes you feel more prepared?

Senior Curmudgeon
    My Bikes
    Electra Townie 1-speed with basket & fenders
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cell phone? A spare helmet? A compact tool kit? A work stand? A wheel truing stand? A spare pair of wheels? Gift certificates to the hotel chain they prefer? Gift certificates to the LBS they prefer? A free massage?

My Bikes
    Motobecane, Douglas, Trek
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cyclo computer, watch with altimeter, or heart rate monitor are fun gadgets. GPS too but more expensive. Cycling gloves if they don't have them already. His 'n hers Camelbaks. Carbon fiber water bottle cages.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are experienced bikers, then they probably have most of the things they want. Look at the fun things to put on a bike. Last year I bought a Horn for the bike. Bells don't work but a horn is unusual. This was inspired by a pair of riders with different tone horns on a ride I went on. They were obviously well practised, but they had it synchronised perfectly so that it sounded like a Police siren going off.

My Bikes
    fat, long, single & fast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips. As it turns out, the just bought a couple hybrids for local trail riding, so we're getting some spare tubes / seat packs & tools for them, so they don't have to swap gear between bikes.