Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Fixxed my problem

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Fixxed my problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-05, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fixxed my problem

I have always had the problem of my saddle slipping on my '94 GF Kaitai. It got so bad that I had to reposition the saddle about every other mile. ( I know replace the QR binder bolt! ) So I tried a low tech solution. I wrapped the seat post with some of that rubberized cloth that we used in the Motor Home to keep stuff from slipping off of shelves when going up mountains. I had just enough room to get most of a layer in between the seat post and the seat tube and then I reset the seat level to where I wanted it.
whala! it works. Now I am a happy camper...except for the price of gas!
Old 06-18-05, 05:07 PM
Banned

Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
That'll work! If you can fit a layer of cloth in there, the post is too small but the next size might be too big! I have used a piece of beer can to shim a post that was the right size but too slim. An aluminum shim might hold up better. If the cloth doesn't last, try a piece of aluminum.