Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does 47 count

Does 47 count for posting or am I too young? LOL

Tim

PS

I ride an old geezers bike. 1999 Waterford RSE-11 with cantiliver brakes.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your only as old as you feel, so if you want to age yourself?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First you have to get someone to teach you the secret over 50 hand shake. That normaly happens on your 50th birthday/wake.

Joe
    Schwinn Super Le Tour
    Specialized Rockhopper
    Lets ride!

My Bikes
    2011 Madone 5.2, 64 cm, 180 mm cranks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, we all took a vote, and you're in. Congratulations!

Post away, cs1! It's been a little slow lately!
    JavaMan!
    Faster than a speeding moped!
    More powerful than the Santa Ana winds!
    Able to bunny-hop railroad tracks in a single bound!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cs1
    Does 47 count for posting or am I too young? LOL
    Only if you feel like you're over 70. I turned 54 a week or so ago and these guys act way too old for me.
    Dennis T

My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trsnrtr
    Only if you feel like you're over 70. I turned 54 a week or so ago and these guys act way too old for me.
    Some of us are old, but look beneath the surface and you will find that we have a lot to offer. So if you'r 54, and find us too old, tell us what gripes you have about this forum? why this forum does not suit you? and what unexpected age related cycling problems you will come across in the next few years?

On your side, how many of your riding mates can do century rides? how many still do time trials? how many are still riding mountain bikes aggressively? How many are still cycling at an age when they should be putting their feet up and playing with the grand children. In fact how many are still cycling?

This is not meant to be an aggressive reply, because we WANT to know what other over 50's are doing. Never know, you might inspire us to correct our faults and give a forum that is more enjoyable to a lot of others.

My Bikes
    Schwinn, and one piece of junk I won't name
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OLD? Not me!!! I turned fifty this year. My oldest daughter gace me 50 single dollar bills for my birthday. (shes a banker). Old is when you have fewer days to look forward to that days you can remember and the wood of the cradle is rubbing against the marble of the tomb. You are only as old as you feel and I feel about 35. I am 50, and even though I carry a few more pounds than i wish, I look around 40.

Welcome to the 50 and over forum,

OldGoat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to be on Bikeforums.net where you have about two dozen other forums in which to participate, and can ignore the 50+ forum completely. Strangely, you chose to participate in a forum of which you think very little. Why?
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox
    It's nice to be on Bikeforums.net where you have about two dozen other forums in which to participate, and can ignore the 50+ forum completely. Strangely, you chose to participate in a forum of which you think very little. Why?
    Wow, being over 50 must make one thin skinned. I'll add a smilie next time.

Seriously, I check in here every now and again to see how the old guys are doing. Makes me feel younger than I am. I guess 50 for me just wasn't the milestone it was for a lot of people.

Carry on...

-Dennis
    Dennis T

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, I check in here every now and again to see how the old guys are doing. Makes me feel younger than I am. I guess 50 for me just wasn't the milestone it was for a lot of people.

Carry on...

-Dennis
    Some of us put quite a bit of effort into getting this forum going.

It is what it is, made up of the people who post, with the characteristics of those people becoming the "character" of the forum.

Yes, as some of us get a bit older, some of the long-term effects of mother nature tend to become more prominent. Parts of our bodies sometimes don't work as well as we would like, or sometimes they don't work at all. Yet, we manage to carry on - and even discuss how we carry on. I truly hope the same thing does not happen to you. If it does, feel free to discuss it here.

Have a great day.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess 50 for me just wasn't the milestone it was for a lot of people.

Carry on...

-Dennis
    50 is around the age that those that have been cycling for a while start to realise that they still have a lot to do. That century ride they last did in their 40's, and then they go and shock the younger riders by putting in a good time, or they start some form of racing, as I did at 48, just to make up the entries, but then find that they are putting up some good times.
    Or they realise that they are not as fit as they should be so take some form of activity to enable them to keep the fitness they still have, so take up riding as aform of recreation their bodies can still take part in.

50 was not my milestone, what was a milestone was getting back on the bike after a bypass and Cancer. Not serious medical problems as they are now cured, but they did hit me for a while. Now 58, ride with older riders, cos the youngsters cannot do the distance we do, at the speed we do or go at the downhills as aggressively as we do. They also don't appreciate the breakfast on the ride as much as we do either, but a few more of those and they'll get used to it.

I may not be as fast as I used to be, I may not have the aggression I used to have, and I may not be as young as I used to be. One thing is certain though, I enjoy my riding, I enjoy the company of older riders, and I enjoy showing the Youngsters that some of us "Olduns" can still cut it,occasionally.

My Bikes
    Road, touring and mountain
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
    First you have to get someone to teach you the secret over 50 hand shake.

Joe
    One hand on your sore neck, the other on your replaced hip, and screech out a loud and wavy "Howdy Sonny, lets ride before it gets too dammed hot!!" That's all there is to it!
    Those voices in your head aren't real, but they have some great ideas

riding a Pinarello Prince orguasch's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Pinarello, Prince and an FP5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you fell old at 47, then go ahead, but most of us here we feel we are in our 20's
    "Racso", the well oiled machine;)

My Bikes
    Gunnar Road Sport, peugeot UO-10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Taylor
    First you have to get someone to teach you the secret over 50 hand shake. That normaly happens on your 50th birthday/wake.

Joe
    I've just turned 48, and am (not) looking forward to joining the fraternity.
    "Lack of opportunity does not constitute virtue". Diana Tickle.