Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 06-30-05, 12:42 PM   #1
Baggsy

Bikes: '73 Schwinn Varsity, 1964 Schwinn Racer, 1954 Schwinn Jaguar, 1950's Puch Bergmeister, 1980 Schwinn High Plains, 1973 Flandria, 1980's Diamondback Sorrento, 2001 Jamis Aurora
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KHS Roadbike?

I put a thread out on the Road-Bike forum, but darn, it was already on page 2 before I hit enter! Stuff moves fast out there...

I've got a shot at a used KHS Flite 500 roadbike...never heard of them out here in the outback. Are they worth looking at? The price is small compared to anything new I've seen locally...pennies on the dollar in fact. It's a 2002, steel, and I have to drive 100 miles to test it out. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks for any and all input.

Baggsy
Baggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-05, 01:05 PM   #2
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggsy
I put a thread out on the Road-Bike forum, but darn, it was already on page 2 before I hit enter! Stuff moves fast out there...

I've got a shot at a used KHS Flite 500 roadbike...never heard of them out here in the outback. Are they worth looking at? The price is small compared to anything new I've seen locally...pennies on the dollar in fact. It's a 2002, steel, and I have to drive 100 miles to test it out. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks for any and all input.

Baggsy
No experience of the road bikes, but their mountain bikes are cheap in comparison to other bikes around. They are not a top rated bike, but if cheap enough, are a good buy for a medium grade bike.
stapfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 05:23 AM   #3
dp126au
Slowrider

Bikes: KHS Flite 700, Avanti Ventura, Giant CRX 3
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HI;

I've got a KHS Flite 250 Road Bike and find it very good for the price. I ride about 200 Km a week and have not had any issues with it at all.

Good luck in your choice.
dp126au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-05, 06:57 AM   #4
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and 2014 Cannondale SuperSix EVO Hi-Mod
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
KHS makes some very nice bikes. The trip should be worth it if you know the frame size and have determined if it is the right size for you. If you don't know your frame size, go to www.wrenchscience.com to determine what your size is.

The most important feature of ANY bike is correct FIT. If the bike doesn't fit it will be uncomfortable to ride, you'll hate it, and never ride it.

The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. - Psalm 103:8
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote