Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: KHS Roadbike?

My Bikes
    '73 Schwinn Varsity, 1964 Schwinn Racer, 1954 Schwinn Jaguar, 1950's Puch Bergmeister, 1980 Schwinn High Plains, 1973 Flandria, 1980's Diamondback Sorrento, 2001 Jamis Aurora
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KHS Roadbike?

I put a thread out on the Road-Bike forum, but darn, it was already on page 2 before I hit enter! Stuff moves fast out there...

I've got a shot at a used KHS Flite 500 roadbike...never heard of them out here in the outback. Are they worth looking at? The price is small compared to anything new I've seen locally...pennies on the dollar in fact. It's a 2002, steel, and I have to drive 100 miles to test it out. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks for any and all input.

Baggsy

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggsy
    I put a thread out on the Road-Bike forum, but darn, it was already on page 2 before I hit enter! Stuff moves fast out there...

I've got a shot at a used KHS Flite 500 roadbike...never heard of them out here in the outback. Are they worth looking at? The price is small compared to anything new I've seen locally...pennies on the dollar in fact. It's a 2002, steel, and I have to drive 100 miles to test it out. Is it worth the trip?

Thanks for any and all input.

Baggsy
    No experience of the road bikes, but their mountain bikes are cheap in comparison to other bikes around. They are not a top rated bike, but if cheap enough, are a good buy for a medium grade bike.

My Bikes
    KHS Flite 700, Avanti Ventura, Giant CRX 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI;

I've got a KHS Flite 250 Road Bike and find it very good for the price. I ride about 200 Km a week and have not had any issues with it at all.

Good luck in your choice.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KHS makes some very nice bikes. The trip should be worth it if you know the frame size and have determined if it is the right size for you. If you don't know your frame size, go to www.wrenchscience.com to determine what your size is.

The most important feature of ANY bike is correct FIT. If the bike doesn't fit it will be uncomfortable to ride, you'll hate it, and never ride it.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz