User Tag List

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Superfly, Bianchi Axis, Trek Madone 5.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HRM and wireless Cat Eye interference

I have a wireless Cat Eye computer with cadence counting on my bike.
    Picked up an HRM from my LBS the other day but the wireless Cat Eye interfered with the device. (I forget the brand name of the HRM... it cost $75. Anyway, my LBS guy said he called Cat Eye and they told him there was no HRM that would not be interfered with by the wireless Cat Eye. The shop took bac the HRM and refunded me but I'd really like to use an HRM to train a little more efficiently.
    Anyone using one with the Cat Eye wireless?

see my blog http://ej.typepad.com/ride

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never had the problem, and I use a polar, my Tandem co-rider uses a pulse tronic and our spare is a sigma. Never had the heart monitor affected but perhaps this now explains why my registered speed on the cat eye uphill is so slow.

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Superfly, Bianchi Axis, Trek Madone 5.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam
    Never had the problem, and I use a polar, my Tandem co-rider uses a pulse tronic and our spare is a sigma. Never had the heart monitor affected but perhaps this now explains why my registered speed on the cat eye uphill is so slow.
    :-) I don't think so...
    Are you using a Cat Eye wireless???

see my bike blog http://ej.typepad.com/ride

My Bikes
    univega,schwinn gsx sport, Trek Mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a new wireless computer on my bike last week, bought it at Performance on sale.
    I put on heart monitor on, and noted that my mph was fluctuating wildly. In fact, while standing still it read somewhere around 2-5 mph.
    So the heart monitor interferes with the computer.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmike
    I have a wireless Cat Eye computer with cadence counting on my bike.
    Picked up an HRM from my LBS the other day but the wireless Cat Eye interfered with the device. (I forget the brand name of the HRM... it cost $75. Anyway, my LBS guy said he called Cat Eye and they told him there was no HRM that would not be interfered with by the wireless Cat Eye. The shop took bac the HRM and refunded me but I'd really like to use an HRM to train a little more efficiently.
    Anyone using one with the Cat Eye wireless?

see my blog http://ej.typepad.com/ride

Sorry to hear about the issue. Keep us posted on what you find out. Do you know if Cateye has a model that does HRM and both wireless cadence and cyclometer by chance? My LBS said they had just come out with a double wireless model but I have not investigated. He was ribbing me about my "flight deck" on my handlebars. I have a wireless HRM, a Cateye Astrale (just use for Cadence) plus a Ciclosport Cyclometer/Altimeter. I know it's a LOT but it gives me all the info I want!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read somewhere that you have to use a HR monitor that is coded to prevent interference.