Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Visited my local LBS today

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-05, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since my favorite LBS had closed down; I visited a new ( for me ) lbs. was greeted after a short time by the typical young fast gun bikie. he was reasonably courteous but not really knowledgeable. I had come in to see the Kona Hoss ( impressive ) and next to it was this carbon fiber thingie with two wheels. The guy said "pick it up" which I did and I was surprised at the weight ( or the lack thereof ) hey; I have shoes heavier than that thing. Then he told me the price $11,000+ and I almost dropped it. He said the shop owner road it but wouldn't let him ride and that they actuall sold a few to local doctors who liked to race on the weekends. Well I did'nt get the Hoss but saw a lot of nice bikes. Things have changed at the LBS since I bought my bike 10 years ago.
Old 07-17-05, 12:09 PM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The kona's are a good bike. but not as good as they were a few years ago. Still make a good frame, but the components do not seem to have the quality they used to

Big and heavy Guy, the the hoss is definitely the one bike manufactured, by all the offroad manufacturers, that is built with you in mind. Only thing is, if you can spare the extra, Go for the Hoss deluxe, as the components ARE up to spec on this model.