User Tag List

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OffTrack...but VW Beetle Needs Help

Sorry for the OT post, but could use some help. Daughter bought a 99 VW Beetle and discovered no sprare wheel or tire. I've found a wheel, but have to order the tire. Surprizingly, VW dealer (including parts dept.) cannot tell me what tire size to use for a 99....but they assure me its not this year's.

Question: does anybody have late 90's Beetle?? If so, could you look at the spare tire (its a compact tire) and send me the tire size. Hate to have her driving about without a spare.

Thanks.
    Again, regret the O.T. post.

In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure this answers your question, but I noodled around on the Internet and found this as tire size.
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...999&vid=008412

I would think donut spares would fit accordingly. I'm amazed the dealer didn't know the answer. Kinda shows what a throwaway society we're living in.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackberry, thanks for taking the time (and anybody else who is reading this).....I'm doing this long distance and have since discovered I may have assumed wrong....the Beetle in fact may take a standard size tire for a spare--not one of those compact little donuts. In which case, problem solved.

** Oh well, its given me a chance to be "Daddy" again and fuss over something. Her last used car flatted on the freeway and she discovered she had locking lugs but had never gotten the key. Gotta love this kid.