User Tag List

My Bikes
    Schwinn Super Le Tour, Specialized Rockhopper 05
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First real MTB trip WOW!

My wife and I went on our first real MTB trail yesterday Saturday the 6th of Aug,

What a trip!!

We went on a trail from Fraiser Campground to Strawbery CA then back down a forest service road 9.2 miles. The first 3 miles were stedy up hill on an old rail road grade The last 6 miles on the forest service were a killer up and down hills all the way back to the parking lot. Up hill in each direction no fooling! If we would have done a U-turn at the end of the railroad grade it would have been much easier.

You can stop at the Pinecrest Ranger station and get a map of the trail.

I did my first face plant and lived to tell about it. It was my first crash in about 30 years. Face down right into the dirt cuts and scratches all over but none very bad. I wont even have anything to show at work.

GREAT RIDE!!!!
    Joe
    Schwinn Super Le Tour
    Specialized Rockhopper 05

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock On!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor8
    My wife and I went on our first real MTB trail yesterday Saturday the 6th of Aug,

What a trip!!

You can stop at the Pinecrest Ranger station and get a map of the trail.

I did my first face plant and lived to tell about it. It was my first crash in about 30 years. Face down right into the dirt cuts and scratches all over but none very bad. I wont even have anything to show at work.

GREAT RIDE!!!!
    Joe
    Masochist!!!! Roadies do not realise how hard offroad can be. Your "short" trip offroad probably left you with enough adrenalyn to keep a few heart patients alive, so think what it has done to you. All you have to do is try it in the winter, with the mud and you will find the face plants are easier, and they don't hurt so much.