Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 08-31-05, 10:53 AM   #1
steel_knee

Bikes: Dahon Speed TR
Tri s

ANyone have experience with these? Saw one a few days ago on my local bikepath and was in a LBS in Portland that specilized in recumbents and Tri s, I was amazed at some of the "high tech" and high cost of some of these.

Although I love my Dahon speed TR 21 speed folder, dual drive, the concept of taking my dog, large lab, along without constant fearing of him pulling me over seems good.
steel_knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-05, 10:52 PM   #2
gew0419

Bikes: Sun EZ Sport, Schwinn Mesa
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_knee
ANyone have experience with these? Saw one a few days ago on my local bikepath and was in a LBS in Portland that specilized in recumbents and Tri s, I was amazed at some of the "high tech" and high cost of some of these.

Although I love my Dahon speed TR 21 speed folder, dual drive, the concept of taking my dog, large lab, along without constant fearing of him pulling me over seems good.
I too, am in Portland. I have not seen these low trikes anywhere but on the bike path along 205. I think they look dangerous and scary...but that's just me. I've been looking at going to recumbent so I have been in the LBS you are talking about, I think.
I am afraid of the price tag and that is keeping me on my Schwinn Mesa. As far as the dog walking thing...
check this out:
http://www.petexpertise.com/cat--Exe...-exercise.html
just a thought.
gew0419 is offline   Reply With Quote