Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-06-05, 08:26 PM   #1
AuntieM

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twitching muscles

I am a new rider. All day today a muscle in my forearm has been twitching. The other day it was a muscle in my left hand over a knuckle. Is this common with new riders, or is it just normal aging? I'll be 50 in Nov. and haven't been active for a couple of years, but before that I played soccer & tennis with just the usual complaints.
AuntieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-05, 08:41 PM   #2
RabidCyclist
What's the speed of dark?

Bikes: Madone 5.9 SL with Brooks Team Pro Saddle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieM
I am a new rider. All day today a muscle in my forearm has been twitching. The other day it was a muscle in my left hand over a knuckle. Is this common with new riders, or is it just normal aging? I'll be 50 in Nov. and haven't been active for a couple of years, but before that I played soccer & tennis with just the usual complaints.
Twitching muscles are common no matter what your age of avocation is. I kind of like it when I get a twitching muscle. I go around showing it to every body around me, "Hey look at this..isn't that cool".

Until you get a specific muscle twitching all the time or it becomes chronic (more than a couple of days) just relax and watch go.
RabidCyclist is offline   Reply With Quote