Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Twitching muscles

I am a new rider. All day today a muscle in my forearm has been twitching. The other day it was a muscle in my left hand over a knuckle. Is this common with new riders, or is it just normal aging? I'll be 50 in Nov. and haven't been active for a couple of years, but before that I played soccer & tennis with just the usual complaints.

What's the speed of dark?
    My Bikes
    Madone 5.9 SL with Brooks Team Pro Saddle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieM
    I am a new rider. All day today a muscle in my forearm has been twitching. The other day it was a muscle in my left hand over a knuckle. Is this common with new riders, or is it just normal aging? I'll be 50 in Nov. and haven't been active for a couple of years, but before that I played soccer & tennis with just the usual complaints.
    Twitching muscles are common no matter what your age of avocation is. I kind of like it when I get a twitching muscle. I go around showing it to every body around me, "Hey look at this..isn't that cool".

Until you get a specific muscle twitching all the time or it becomes chronic (more than a couple of days) just relax and watch go.