Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After doing my weights this morning, couldn't help but want to take my bike out for a spin because the temperature was nicely on the cool side.

As I was going around a corner at a decent clip, I stupidly forgot to postion my pedal in the raised position and, suddenly, I went flying and landed with a plop. Yelled something. Lay for a second before getting up. Some road rash, sore hands and especially knees. My bike suffered a scuffed up seat, pedal, and the hand grip on one side is torn off, but everything else seems okay.

All these kind folk ran out of their houses and were really, really nice. One even brought me a cup of coffee. Oddly, I was very happy. I can deal with a little pain, but was extremely pleased that my 50+ body could still take a fall and not crack anything. If I hadn't lost so much weight this summer though, I don't think I would have fared nearly as well.

I did feel good enough to complete my 15 miles.

Gonna take some Advil before going to watch some live music this afternoon though.

Berry Pie..the Holy Grail GrannyGear's Avatar
    Weaving thru the cowpud outside Modesto CA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith A,
    It is reassuring to feel that we aren't totally brittle and can still take a few bounces. Glad you are OK. Having gotten your almost obligatory crash out of the way, now you can settle in. Maybe some soreness tomorrow morning...have to decide whether to ride and loosen it up, or to take a day off. Good wishes and the usual mutual admiration for all of us.....nobody ever crashed a recliner!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spills are one of the hazards of cycling, but at least you know where to get a free coffee.On the bike front, scratches and loss of paint show that it is being used, but the sore knees and road rash are going to hurt. Take it easy tomorrow, and just take a shorter ride than normal to make certain that the bruises will really appear to show your colleagues on Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. Oh, for sure, I'm going to relate my war story over coffee with the guys at work Monday. As for tomorrow, I'll play it by ear. If I feel good enough, would like to take a short spin...and keep my pedal out of harm's way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just give yourself a couple days to allow the body and mind to put it all back together! I took my first spill this past Tuesday and got back on today. I found the first 4 miles confusing like I needed to relearn everything but then things started to click and I was back yelling at the headwind. Enjoy the football games over the weekend and then go for a ride on Monday!