rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definitions

1)comfort food-hamburger, fries, banana cream pie.

2)stupidity-having above for lunch.

3)gross stupidity-the decision to take a short ride after having spent the aft. in my easy chair suffering from
    a fat induced coma-besides, it wasn't raining that hard!

4)masochism-deciding to include "smock valley hill" in a suddenly longer ride. A hill, short, but from the top
    the bottom cannot be seen. A hill I have only tried to ascend 3 times over the years, although
    I have achieved speeds up to 55+mph on the descent-what a thrill!

5)reward-The double rainbow that I saw on the home leg of my ride and the perverse sort of pride that
    one takes in accomplishing a difficult, if not very intelligent, challenge. I have now ridden smock
    hill 2 out of the 3 times I've tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice rck, especially the part about the rainbow. It doesn't matter how old I get, a rainbow is always a special thrill.

Now, as for that banana cream pie, boy that sounds good, even though it might not be truly good for us.

My Bikes
    Trek 1500, Trek 7300FX, Cannondale RT3000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey RCK,
    You forgot elderberry pie and lemon cake.

On the way home from a family gathering this afternoon, I decided to drive to the top of Smock Valley Hill. I had to get another look at it myself (my eyes were watering and I could hardly breath last time) and I wanted Missus Skipper to see it. According to her you need to add 'insanity' to your list of definitions.

My reward on the day I rode "The Hill" was having a Red-Tailed Hawk leave it's perch on a fence post and fly along with me, at a distance of about 25 feet, for about a hundred yards. Awsome!