Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

What a Terrible Life

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

What a Terrible Life

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-05, 06:50 PM

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
What a Terrible Life

Had a great 35 mile ride today (except for 4 flats - that tire is now in the dumpster).

Came home had a nice lunch. Talked bicycles with a friend. Talked bicycles with my brother.

Sitting here eating spaghetti pesto with a nice glass of zinfandel and watching Paris-Roubaix 2003.

Ain't life awful?
Old 09-24-05, 06:54 PM
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Must be flat week.

I had two this week. Think I may have a rim tape problem somewhere, although it doesn't look like it. 3rd time on this rim, and, for the life of me, can't find a cause in the tire. Even turned it inside out and examined almost microscopically.

So, I had to leave the Windsor and take the Lemond for my ride today.

Tomorrow I will dismount the tire and take a closer look. Last flat was on the trail, and I don't even know whether or not it is on the underside of the tube or on the top! Too busy changing the flat to check.

Anyway, I had a great ride also. Great day except wife still has the SHINGLES and it is driving her crazy, and she can't ride with me.
Old 09-24-05, 06:57 PM
Elite Fred

Bikes: 2009 Spooky (cracked frame), 2006 Curtlo, 2002 Lemond (current race bike) Zurich, 1987 Serotta Colorado, 1986 Cannondale for commuting, a 1984 Cannondale on loan to my son

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Life is good, although I'd prefer a glass of Santa Margherita pinot grigio with pesto to a glass of zin.

Sounds like a super day.
Old 09-24-05, 09:02 PM
Berry Pie..the Holy Grail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Earlier today I was sitting in Baja Fresh with 3 cycling friends after the Saturday Morning Ride while laughing and eating tacos&guacamole and swappling Old Riding Stories with youthful exuberance and pleasure...despite the fact that all that spirit is wrapped in some wrinkles, gray hair, and bifocals. Life can be grand and sharing a crisp morning's ride with friends is one way to grab it. So here's to all of us...even you index shifters!!