User Tag List

My Bikes
    Cannondale, R500, R600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MS150 personal best

Completed my second MS150 ride at nearly 55yo and set a new best at an average 16mph. Of course, there were a few breaks during the ride and yes, New Jersey is flat and there was little wind, but it is still a personal best. Next weekend I'm riding one direction in the Delaware version.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigberg50
    Completed my second MS150 ride at nearly 55yo and set a new best at an average 16mph. Of course, there were a few breaks during the ride and yes, New Jersey is flat and there was little wind, but it is still a personal best. Next weekend I'm riding one direction in the Delaware version.
    I'm not sure what an MS150 is, but if it's what I think it is -- 150 miles -- then I'm blown away and you deserve congratulations!
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee
    I'm not sure what an MS150 is, but if it's what I think it is -- 150 miles -- then I'm blown away and you deserve congratulations!
    Here in Wisconsin, the MS 150 is a two day ride from Milwaukee to Madison at 75 miles each day. Don't know what it is in NJ.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    150 miles at such a good average deserves some congragulations and you get it from me. Don't think I could do the second day though. 150 would not be a problem, but the thought of climbing back on the saddle for the second day in succession, makes me wince.

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virtually every state in the US has an MS150 event, and they are all 75 miles each way, 2-day rides. That's 150 miles total over 2 days. I think they try to overnight in college dorms whenever possible, so you'll often see them riding to a college town and back to the start the next day.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In NC/SC there are several starting point options providing for either a 75 mile or 100 mile option on the first day. This year the first day ended in Darlington and cyclists circled the Darlington Motor Speedway and finished in the infield. There were bands, food and free beverages.

Second day was about 80 miles and finishes at a school in N Myrtle Beach. Cyclists are then bused back to their destination Sunday evening.

Riders were treated to very nice weather this year.