Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Giant TCR Comp riders?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Giant TCR Comp riders?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 09:38 AM
Gambe di sparviero

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Giant TCR Comp riders?

Hi. I'm wondering if any of all y'all have Giant TCR Comp (1, 2, or 3) bicycles and, if you do, how you find them as all-purpose bikes (longer solo rides (30-50 miles, say), occasional centuries (metric and otherwise), club rides, and the odd race (Cat 5, 35+).

I am looking for a good all-around go-fast bike, and the TCR seems like it might be a good thing (the OCRs seem a bit too upright to me, and I'm not interested in the triples they come with).

Thanks in advance.
David
Old 11-13-05, 07:15 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have the '05 tcr c3. i find it a good all-around bike. no probs on the frame but i don't like the components, i'm in the process of upgrading it to a full ultegra. if you're satisfied with stock components then go for c1 or 2 but if you're like me that wants to upgrade go for c3. hope this helps.
Old 11-15-05, 07:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a TCR Comp 0 and really like the bike. I regularly do 40 to 60 mile rides with no problems. I recommend the bike but there are plenty of other great bikes out there. Be sure to do a test ride and get fitted.
Old 11-19-05, 08:11 PM

Bikes: Primary ride now a LOOK 585-Love it.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 40 Posts
I have an '03 TCR1 with Ultegra. After having a Cannodale since 1985 I swore I'd never have another aluminum frame. I ride a 50cm frame and it was waaaaay to stiff to be comfortable for long, but I hung in there for a lot of years. However, I got a good deal on this bike as it was a team bike from a local racer and he was getting a new one. Aluminum has come a very long way and I really like this one.

It is very light (small frame size= 17lbs) and with the carbon fork and to a lesser extent the carbon seat post, it rides very well.

I've never ridden it more than sixty miles at a time but it's comfortable and very responsive. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another....unless I find I can afford an all carbon frame at some point.

Good luck.
Old 11-19-05, 09:20 PM
Lincoln, CA

Bikes: 94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I have an '05 OCR Limited. Full comp and full Ultegra. Because I got such a good deal on it (a demo), I upgraded the Xero wheelset to Nimble Spiders. After 800 miles I love it (I had a Bianchi Eros before). Smooth riding. Climbs well. I'm an old guy, so I like the triple. I regularly ride 40 miles plus and will use it on the AIDS ride from SF to LA in June.