Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Switch to Road-based bike?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Switch to Road-based bike?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-05, 04:20 PM

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
I'm significantly older than you and I've got several bikes to choose from.

If I had to limit myself to one bike, it would be a road bike. If I were buying a new road bike for myself today, I think that I'd look at the bikes like the Trek Pilot that have higher handlebars. I like my handlebars to be around 1 or 2 inches lower than the saddle.
Old 12-27-05, 10:54 PM

Bikes: Trek Pilot 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Badger,

I just road my new Trek Pilot 2.1 for the first time today. It was my very first ride on a road bike. I will be 54 iyears old in another week. I have been riding a comfort bike for 6 months. Boy, the Trek is really smooth and fast! I was worried about the new riding position, but the Pilot's gemeotry was very good on my back. Also, I was afraid of the new seat. I am used to a large gel padded seat on my comfort bike, but my new raod bike has a Trek CRZ saddle with a cut-out channel. It is a small saddle compared to what I am used to riding. The new seat was great! I did not hurt at all.

Come on over tho the Raod bike. You will love it!