Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Motivation.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motivation.

The weather is not too pleasant at present and I have problems motivating myself to get out and ride. One of the problems is that I normally ride a Tandem, and my co-rider cannot get out at the weekends. Then the rest of the group seem to be whimping out, some excuse about too much to do coming up for christmas and the Shopping that they get dragged into doing.

Instead of gardening today, I have run throught the solo to give it a bit of an overhaul. Changed the headset bearings, that were beginning to get tight, adjusted the brakes, and oiled the chain. Found about 2lbs of mud attached to the frame from my last trip out, so cleaned it at the same time. No excuse now.

Might start the ride tomorrow a bit later as Frost is promised, but Then what do I do? Go offroad and take the chance of slipping off the trail into a bush in the frost pockets that will stay all day, or go on the road with all the tourists out for a trip in the country in their nice heated cars. No- brainer that one. I'll start early and get out onto the hills, before the wife drags me into taking her shopping for the final few presents that we just have to get for people we haven't seen in years, and I can't even remember.

Merry Christmas- Thought I'd get that in first before the Humbugs start flying.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale Tandem, Surly LHT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya know, it a funny thing. I know your feelings, but every time I, or my wife force ourselves to get off our lazy a$$es and get out and ride, we always say; "Boy, I'm sure glad we did this." Even when the weather is lousey. Go for it!!!

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just about to head out the door myself. Told myself today's a half century, with a 40 mile absolute minimum, and a 62 miler within the range of possibilities. I want to see how these slimmer tyres (notice the 'y' Stepfam?) do on long distances.

Fortunately, it's a downright beautiful day here, temps in the lower 70's. So there's no excuse but yet here I am puttering about and checking the 'puter. Time to ride!

See you all in a few hours.
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just about to head out the door myself. Told myself today's a half century, with a 40 mile absolute minimum, and a 62 miler within the range of possibilities. I want to see how these slimmer tyres (notice the 'y' Stepfam?) do on long distances.

Fortunately, it's a downright beautiful day here, temps in the lower 70's. So there's no excuse but yet here I am puttering about and checking the 'puter. Time to ride!

See you all in a few hours.

70 degrees!!! My gosh, it was 25 degrees when we rolled off this morning in NC. Our water bottles were getting little bits of ice in them. Boy am I jealous!!

Let us now how the tyres (now you've got me doing it) work for you. Don't you find little changes like that creating sparks and motivation for riding?

My Bikes
    Croll 531c/Campagnolo and Schwinn City Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thankful for the nice weather that we had going so far into fall -- then the bottom fell out, seemingly overnight. Even walking is a chore as snow melts during the day, and refreezes at night. Just walked out to the car to get a few items out of the trunk, and it was baby steps all the way. Snow is plowed in piles along the sides of streets and roads, leaving little, if any, room for cycling even if one wanted to.

Reading about the rides here at the forum is nice. I wish all that can, enjoyable ones. Making me feel a little antsy at the moment.

So . . . for those of us who can't get out right now -- think of us and use that as your motivation. We'd gladly take your place! I know I would!