User Tag List

Thread: Goals met

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rode my 5,000th mile yesterday. Unfortunately is has been very cold here and had to do it on the trainer, but it still counts. Also was able to ride outside at least one day each month. Maybe next year I'll shoot for 100 miles for every year I have been on the planet. Guess 5400 can't be all that much harder than 5000.
    p.s. been reading and posting since Sep. Used to read and post over at pro peloton but those folks turned out to be too nasty. Folks here are very respectful (by and large) and there is tons of good info and many good stories. Happy holidays to all.

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on goals achieved! As I noted in another post I'm hoping to get at least one ride in outside this mos. to finish the year. With luck, that will happen this week-end.

p.s. Welcome to the forum for the less young.

My Bikes
    Croll 531c/Campagnolo and Schwinn City Bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always good reaching a goal, so congratulations!

Get back on that trainer before the year is out and add at least one more mile for 5,001 -- so you can exceed your goal (always a good feeling to reach, always a GREAT feeling to exceed!).

My Bikes
    Merlin Extralight Topolino Wheels Campy Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Don't worry, I'll get in another 150 or so. AND it looks like maybe an outdoor ride Thursday of Friday.

My Bikes
    Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great goal. Great results. Battery change caused a reset on the computer ODO at 4800+ miles. Alas though, about 1K of that was from the previous year. You did good. I'm shooting for 100 per week avg in 2006.
    Just Peddlin' Around

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnMerlin
    Rode my 5,000th mile yesterday. Unfortunately is has been very cold here and had to do it on the trainer, but it still counts. Also was able to ride outside at least one day each month. Maybe next year I'll shoot for 100 miles for every year I have been on the planet. Guess 5400 can't be all that much harder than 5000.
    p.s. been reading and posting since Sep. Used to read and post over at pro peloton but those folks turned out to be too nasty. Folks here are very respectful (by and large) and there is tons of good info and many good stories. Happy holidays to all.
    Congrats! I'm just 105 miles short of my 5000 mile goal, so I'll be joining you shortly.

And, belated welcome to the forum. I like it here too. Not too much drama, just mostly good folks.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.